𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐳𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐜 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙤𝙢 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙖 𝙗𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤
❛ ... ❜

The group ended up in a courtyard, with the massive Eclipse Gate and dozens of royal guards. The Arcadios guy from earlier was standing in a full set of white armour, beside a green haired girl and the Minister who had arrested Lucy.

Rose had taken up a position with the others behind a bush, watching curiously as the Gate unlocked.

"This magic power is intense..." Rose muttered.

"Yeah," Happy agreed. "My whiskers are tingling."

"You have no reason to hide anymore. Please, come out." Arcadios said, turning in our direction. 'So he sensed our presence.'

Rose stepped out, tugging her muffler over her mouth.

"Hey, Colonel." She greeted in a casual manner. "Nice armour."

"Why is Arcadios suddenly side-by-side with the Minister?" asked Carla.

"The situation has changed considerably." The Minister replied, a serious expression overtaking his face.

"You're from Fairy Tail," the green-haired girl said.

The others stepped out into the open, and took up a position in front of the soldiers.

"I'm very sorry for how you've been treated, but I'm afraid this state of emergency means an official apology will have to wait." She said in a formal manner.

The girl turned to Rose. "I congratulate you and your guild for having won the Grand Magic Games. Your performance was exceptional."

Wendy and Happy cheered, seeing as Rose hadn't been able to inform them about the guild's victory amidst all the chaos.

"Um, thanks." Rose mumbled, feeling a bit awkward.

The gate creaked, and Lucy frowned.

"Why are you opening the gate now? The dragons aren't here yet!"

The green-haired woman, who Rose realised was the Princess, turned to Arcadios. "She knows about the dragons too?"

"Yes. They've all been informed of the situation." He turned to us again. "Speaking of, where is the future you?"

They all glanced down, reminded of their loss.

"She was murdered." Lilly crossed his arms. "By a man who also claims to be from the future."

Expressions of surprise and recognition flashed across both the Princess and Arcadios' faces.

"He's a psychopath." Rose confirmed. "He claimed that Lucy would close the gate and doom everyone to being dragon chow... he's not trustworthy in the least."

"So he attempted to kill you?!" exclaimed Arcadios.

"And you swear there are no merits to his claim?" added the Princess.

"Of course not, Your Highness. Like I said before, shouldn't we open the gate when all the dragons are in range?" Lucy shook her head in denial.

The Princess closed her eyes. "Sadly, we can't wait. I wish we could, but the gate takes too long to open. If we wait for them to appear we'll be too late."

"And you're absolutely certain it'll take them down with one shot?"

"I'm not." the Princess opened her eyes. "But I can promise: if the worst can come to pass, the King will have a plan of action."