𝐢𝐯. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙮 𝙖𝙪/𝙧𝙖
❛ 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘬? ❜

"Alright, Rose, what are you?"

"A human." Rose deadpanned. A smirk curled the corner of her lip upwards beneath her muffler as Lucy scowled at her.

To be honest, Rose had actually forgotten how fun it was to get on people's nerves. She hadn't really been able to put her sarcasm to use for a while. Besides, more often than not, provoking her enemies would make it easier to defeat them. People tend to be reckless when they're angry.

Following her awkward introduction, the mages had forced Rose to return to their town with them. Magnolia. Currently, they were all cramped inside Lucy's apartment, with Rose sitting on the floor. Her bag lay beside her, abandoned, its contents somehow not in smithereens after falling from the sky. Cylene lay in her lap, half-awake, watching the mages attempts at interrogating Rose go downhill through slitted eyes.

"So what kind of magic do you use?" Natsu piped in, eyes sparkling. He seemed to be excited, for whatever reason. "That last attack was similar to one of mine!"

Rose went quiet for a moment, tempted to tell him that it was none of his business. Instead she decided to act indifferent, yawning tiredly before she answered. "I'm a Flame Phoenix Slayer."

"I've never heard of those... what is it like?"

Rose paused for a moment, staring at him with barely disguised shock in her eyes. She suddenly felt the unbearable urge to laugh, but she ignored it. 'He actually is an idiot...' "Well, Phoenix Slaying magic is really similar to your magic – Dragon Slaying. There are some slight differences, like the styles we use, and how we get our powers, but besides that, they are quite similar."

"But... when we found you, you were a phoenix. That doesn't make sense..." Gray's sentence trailed off as he watched her, clearly expecting an answer. Rose heaved a sigh.

"That was my spell. An actual phoenix is the same size as a dragon, and they're way stronger."

Erza put her hand up. "One more question. Is your companion a dragon?"

Rose ignored the slightly defensive answer she was going to reply with, instead reminding herself that they didn't mean any harm by asking. They were just curious.

"Nah. It's a pretty common mistake, but Cylene's a subspecies of the wyvern family." Rose fiddled with Cylene's wings, much to the wyverns irritation. "See? Unlike dragons, wyverns only have two legs and two wings. Cylene here is a Pygmy Ice Wyvern, which is why she's so small."

Cylene bobbed her head in agreement, pulling herself away from Rose's prying fingers. The phoenix slayer had a bad habit of fidgeting when she was nervous, although she didn't seem to notice that she did it.

"It's true. I'm technically an adult in wyvern years," Cylene quipped. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Cylene, Rose's friend."

"Wait... you can talk?" The blue-furred cat, Happy, exclaimed. The other cat, Carla, remained silent. To Rose she seemed like the kind of person who spent a considerable amount of time contemplating the mysteries of the universe and having existential crisis'.

"Well, yes... but considering that you are a talking, flying, blue cat, it shouldn't be so much of a surprise." Cylene remarked sassily, rolling her eyes at the feline. Whilst the two considered to speak, the mages returned to interrogating Rose. By the way they were acting, it seemed they were more curious than anything else.