𝐱𝐢. 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 {𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙗𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙞 𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧
❛ ... ❜

It was the opening day of the games, and the team and Rose were standing in the waiting rooms underneath the stands, outfitted in their battle gear. She felt out of place amongst them, considering they were all wearing purple coats with the white Fairy Tail crest.

'Well, I do have the brooch.' Rose reassured herself, fastening the metal pin to her cloak. 'And I look cool.'

Cylene was seated beside the girl, snoozing. She spent a lot of her time sleeping. Rose could swear she must have been a cat in her past life.

"Purple is so lame." Natsu frowned, "Why can't I wear my normal clothes or clothes like Rose's?"

Rose poked her tongue out at him cheekily from behind Lucy, who proceeded to give him a lecture about it, only to be questioned by Erza.

"By the way, why did master let you choose your own clothes?" Lucy asked.

Rose grinned at her disgruntled expression. "They couldn't find a tailor for me fast enough since he hadn't originally planned to have me out here," Rose pointed out. "Besides, the material needs to fit certain requirements."

"Such as?"

"They need to be fireproof, flexible and not too loose. The fabric they used for your uniforms would probably be ruined easily by me since my main defence is just regeneration – I probably won't even pay attention to dodging."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Anyway, hopefully, Wendy will be back soon. Do you think she'll be alright?" the phoenix slayer asked. There was a moment of silence as they recalled the young blue-haired dragon slayer's state in the infirmary.

"... nevertheless, I swear I'll do my best."

The other's smiled in acknowledgement of her promise before they all turned to face the entrance.

"Wish us luck, Cylene!" Rose called over her shoulder, winking at her wyvern friend.

"Let's go," Natsu stated confidently, gazing ahead before taking the first few steps. The rest of them followed.

Rose could hear the dull roaring of the crowd outside, and her heart pounding away in her chest like a rabbit on drugs.

"Now, let's meet the competitors!" called the friendly announcer, Chapati. "First up, in eighth place- an old-school bunch of wild wizards from Magnolia!"

The team continued their walk until they were in the centre, all whilst he continued his commentary.

"They had luck in the prelims, and now they're rearing to take back first place by force! It's Fairy Tail!"

Natsu raised his fist to the air confidently, whilst Lucy, Erza and Gray smiled assuredly. Rose, on the other hand, felt terrified by the sheer number of people in the stadium.

Following his calls was a downpour of 'boo's' from the crowd.

"What the hell?!" exclaimed Natsu with an enraged expression. Rose restrained her need to set the audience on fire. 'Bad Rose. Burning people bad. Arson not nice.'

"I didn't see that coming." Gray glanced around the stadium.

"I wanna go home now..." Lucy whined. Rose couldn't blame her, although at the moment her annoyance was overshadowed by her need to slap someone.