Fifteen

Ally's point of view

Justin's face dropped as he heard my thoughts, and he just turned away from me, seeming hurt. But why would he be hurt if he doesn't want to be around me? I mean he said he can't be around me but that is just his way of saying how he doesn't want to be around me.

 I looked at Justin for a while, and he seemed sad and hurt. He had the shades covering his eyes as usual, so I couldn't see what colour his eyes were right now. I mean not like I want to - he hurt me in a way that I can't even understand. I don't know why the hell he would do that - act like my friend and then the next moment make me feel worthless and like I'm nothing.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, and I immediately knew who it was. Justin. I sighed, pressing my lips in a thin line and slowly turned around to look at him. He was biting his lip clearly nervous, but he didn't speak. He handed me a folded piece of paper. I furrowed my eyebrows confused, but just as I was going to ask Justin about it he turned away from me. I sighed, and unfolded the paper. It had only six words on it.

 I'm sorry, please let me explain.-J

I read it over and over again, just to make sure I got it right. Justin was apologising? Seriously? I mean sure, he had a reason to apologise I guess I just wasn't expecting that. I don't know, if I should give him a chance. 

Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't. I have to think about it, cause in a way I want to be close to Justin. I mean I haven't known him for long but I'm going to admit this right now. I like Justin Bieber. There, I admitted it. I like him - not only because of his looks, which are amazing as I've said oh so often, but also for his personality.

 I mean the fact he is a demon doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, I like how he's different from others. Or so I thought. He hurt me just like the other guys, but one thing is different.

He apologised and asked for a chance to explain himself. That's never happened before. I sighed, and turned the note around, scribbling down a reply.

Fine, after class. -A.

I seriously hope I won't regret this afterwards. I tossed the note on Justin's desk, and then quickly turned to face the front of the class, where he teacher stood. I sighed and tried to focus on what she was saying. It was hard though, since my thoughts were all over the place. What was Justin going to tell me after class? Did he actually have a good reason? Would I be able to forgive him?

 I wanted class to be over already, I wanted so badly hear Justin's explanation for what he did yesterday. Sure, I was hurt about what he did, but I felt like it was the right thing to do to give him a chance to explain. And besides, we're doing a project together so I really want us to get along. And if I wouldn't at least let him explain it would be extremely awkward for the two of us to do the project.And also, I like him. I want us to be more than just friends, although at the moment we aren't even friends. But I hope you get the point.

It was like time had stopped completely, every minute felt like hours. There was still ten minutes left of class after which I could talk to Justin, although I don't know if I want to. I cried all night last night, and you can really see it. I hardly got any sleep - maybe three hours or so. My eyes are puffy and red, I had dark circles around my eyes. My hair was probably a mess too, and I most likely look horrible - the perks of crying. Note the sarcasm there. 

I ran a hand through my hair, feeling exhausted and annoyed. I could already feel a headache coming. Oh lord, this is going to be a horrible day. I wanted so badly to look at Justin, but I didn't. It was hard to fight the temptation but in the end I succeeded.

Finally the bell rang and I gathered my stuff together, mentally preparing myself for what was about to come. Suddenly I felt a presence at my left, and there stood Justin, looking down at me. He was biting his lips in a way that seemed nervous and he was holding his books in his hands. I stood up, nodding my head towards the door as a signal for him to follow me. I walked out of class, and stopped at an empty part in the hallways, and turned around to face Justin. He had taken his shades off, and was now looking at me with those dark brown eyes, his eyebrows scrunched together like he was thinking of something.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I finally breathed out in a questioning tone. Justin took a deep breath before nodding.

"Yeah... I just wanted to apologise and tell you the reason to why I said what I said." His voice was raspy and it was low - just like it always was. I nodded, awaiting for him to continue speaking.

"So, I just wanted to say... Ally, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done what I did, and trust me - I didn't even want to do what I did. But I had to do it. To keep you safe." His words confused me totally. What did he mean 'to keep me safe'? I raised my eyebrow at him, curious of what he just said. I wanted to know what exactly he meant by that. Scratch that - I needed to know.

"Well... Uh... You see, I'm up here for a mission, and uh... until I've done that mission me being close to you other than during school time could bring you in danger-" He scratched the back of his neck nervously before continuing. "And it could result in my boss finding out about you which wouldn't be good. He'd think you're a distraction and well.. uh... Get rid of you." I stood there shocked, not knowing what to say. 

There was no doubt that all he said was true - I could see the honesty in his eyes and hear it in his voice. He was telling me the truth.

"Justin... I uh... Why didn't you tell me right away?" I asked, looking him straight in the eye. I know most girls probably would be scared to look Justin in the eye and be this close to him since he's a demon but I'm not. Not at all. Justin sighed, looking down for a while.

"I couldn't." He simply replied, looking back up at me. His eyes were a slight bit lighter than they were before.

"Why?" I asked, yet again curious. There's so many things I still need to know about Justin. I want to know everything about him. I want to get to know Justin too. There's so many mysterious things about him that I'll probably never know them all. But I want to know as many as possible.

"Because I have to complete this mission, otherwise my boss won't be satisfied." Justin replied. He ran a hand through his hair, looking at me with a tiny smile playing at the corners of his lips.  He knew damn well I couldn't resist that smile. Now that Justin actually had explained himself... I knew that I had to give him another change. I knew that it wasn't directly his fault - he had to do it. And as odd as it seems, I forgave him.

Not only because it wasn't all his fault, but also because like I said before, I want us two to get along. There was one more thing I wanted to know though. I thought for a while if I should ask Justin about it or not - finally I decided that I'd ask him. 

"Who's your boss, Justin?" I asked, curious. After those words left my mouth, Justin seemed to tense up. His eyes turned back to their usual colour and he pressed his lips in a thin line. It seemed like he was uncomfortable about the question I just asked. After a while he finally spoke.

"The Devil."