Twenty

Flashback

We entered my room, and I walked to my closet to pick some new clothes. Justin sort of walked around in my room a little, looking at all the stuff in my room. I was rummaging through my closet trying to find some decent clothes to wear, when Justin suddenly spoke up:

"This is mine, you know." I turned around, looking at him confused. He was holding the black feather in his hand, and examined it. I walked over to him, as he just continued to stare at the feather in his hand.

"How- What do you mean?" I asked, not being able to think straight. How could that feather be Justin's? I mean do demons have wings or something?

Justin chuckled and set the feather down onto the bookshelf where it previously was. Then he looked at me, those dark brown eyes having a mix of both happiness and nervousness in them.

"Well... Do you remember that one night when you uh.. Were home alone?" Justin asked. I scrunched my eyebrows together, at first not being able to remember such a night. Or maybe the problem was that I had been home alone so many nights. Which one did he mean?

"You know the one when you um- When you heard that unexplainable sound from upstairs?" Justin licked his lips clearly nervous and took a deep breath, looking at me. And right then I knew what he meant.

The night when I found the feather in my room. I nodded, wanting Justin to go on. I was curious of what he was about to tell me.

"I was in your room that night." Justin suddenly blurted out, causing me by total surprise. I was shocked. He was in my room? Why in the world? And how did he even get up there? I mean my room is on the second floor the window was locked. Justin looked at me, an amused expression on his face as he laughed.

His eyes sparkled with this familiar amusement that seemed to always be present in him.

"I'm a demon, Ally." He spoke, his tone amused, and I felt a blush creep to my cheeks, making them turn into a nice crimson color.

"Oh- Right. Anyways, do you have wings or something? I mean- How did you get up there?" I asked, wanting to know. I was curious, there always seemed to be something about Justin that I didn't know.

Of course there was a lot I didn't know, but something new always seemed to reveal itself. Justin smiled at me, probably reading my thoughts.

"Well, that feather there has to tell something, doesn't it?" Justin chuckled, and pointed to the black feather on the shelf. I nodded in agreement.

"So you have like.. Wings?" I asked and Justin nodded in response. He scratched the back of his head and smiled at me, his eyes never leaving me once. We remained silent for a while, however it was a comfortable silence though. After a minute or so Justin spoke:

"Yeah... I have wings, but unlike angel's wings mine are black. Like that feather right there." He said, and glanced at the feather. I nodded, stunned by what I just heard. Justin had wings? Like - wow, I'd really want to see them. I want to see how he looks with those wings since right now they obviously aren't visible.

"You want to... see my wings?" Justin asked hesitantly, sounding like he wanted to make sure he heard right. I nodded immediately, eager to see him with those wings. Justin sighed, and slowly nodded. However he still seemed a little hesitant.

"Please?" I asked, shooting him a pleading look. Justin chuckled, and nodded again.

"Fine." He spoke, causing my eyes to widen in surprise and a wide smile to spread across my face. Justin smiled in response and took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. He was clearly focusing on something. And there, right before my eyes suddenly a pair of black wings appeared.