Chapter Seven

"Why are you laughing, Ash?" Jace asked, confused.

I tried to stifle my laughter but it was no use. "Remember that truth or dare game when you ate three boxes of pizza and I changed your name in my phone to 'Jace the Fatty'?"

"Yeah, that was a fun game. Remember how Macie ended up pole dancing on a broomstick... or, well, attempted to?" Jace said, laughing along with me.

"I haven't changed it yet, that's why I'm laughing, but I'm still pissed at you. I shouldn't even be talking to you, Jace." I sighed into the phone.

"Can we talk tomorrow morning, before school?" I could hear the desperation in his voice, although I could tell that he was trying to hide it.

I groaned. "Jace, I don't think that would be a good idea."

"Please, just trust me."

"Last time I did that, it didn't end so well, did it?" I asked him rhetorically.

"Oh whatever. I'm sorry, but I really need to talk to you Ash." Jace said groaning through the phone. He sounded tired, I wanted to ask if he's okay. No! Bad Ashy!! You're supposed to be mad at him. Wait, am I mad at him? Of course I am. Good lord, why is life so confusing?

"I don't know why life is confusing, Ashy." Jace said.

"Shit. What else did I say out loud?" I need to learn how to stop thinking out loud. Damn me.

"Nothing, that was all. So Ash, will you meet me at school like half an hour earlier?"

"Half an hour earlier? In your dreams." I scoffed. Jace knew that I only got out of bed ten minutes before I had to actually leave for school.

"Fine. Ten minutes? I'll make you late to gym."

"Are you trying to bribe me, Jace?"

"You're dumb. So, yes or no?"

"You're an ass. I hate you. I shouldn't be talking to you."

"Sure you do, and yet you're still talking to me. So, yes or no? I'm tired and I've been stressing about you all day. Can we please talk?" Jace pleaded. I contemplated it for a moment before telling Jace my answer and hanging up. I plugged my phone into the charger and soon drifted off into a deep sleep, with only one thought in my mind, that tomorrow was going to be annoying.

~~~

"It's 7 in the morning, Jace. This has better be good." I complained, as I approached Jace. He was dressed in his All Time Low sweater and a beanie, looking cute as hell. I, on the other hand, had messy bed hair and an old pair of ripped jeans on. I was also killing my brain for agreeing to meeting Jace.

Wait...

Bad boy! Jace is not cute! He's a jerk!!

"Hey. You look cold." He said, handing me his beanie. I looked at it and then shoved it away. I was still mad at him, yep. He was bad Jacey.

Oh, good lord, no wonder Drew treats me like a child.

"Stop trying to bribe me. What do you want?" I said, impatiently. I knew that Jace was going to make the school day worse. I already had to put up with Macie and Louis acting all lovey dovey.

"I'm sorry."

"Oh look at you, acting all sweet."

Jace glared at me before shoving me against the wall. I looked at him in surprise.

"I was trying to be nice, Ash! What do you want from me?"

"I want to know why you did what you did!" I shouted at him, drawing my eyebrows in. I looked at him and he looked away, a scared expression on his face.