Chapter Fourteen

Just a random thought: for those who are wondering, 'My Brother's Best friend' is set in Australia, where I'm from :3

"Tonight, tonight!" I sang in my head, as I walked to Economics with Drew. Jace and I had arrived late to school, earning us a scolding from Drew, but other than that I hadn't seen him all day. And Macie and Louis were out 'sick' so it was only the usual trio today.

"What's tonight?" Drew asked confused. "Why do you keep singing 'tonight?' "

"Oh my lord." I cried, face palming myself. I really needed to get this speaking my mind thing under control.

"Yes. Yes you do."

"I'm done." I said, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Whatever." Drew said as we entered the classroom. Drew was still mad at me about last night, because apparently I 'worried' mum and himself. Although mum wouldn't say anything to me - I knew that, but she'll be walking on eggshells around me for a while. And that is the bit I hated.

"You coming home tonight?" Drew asked - although it sounded more like a demand than a question - as we sat down.

I ran a hand through my hair and rolled my eyes. "We have a substitute."

Drew reached over and grabbed my wrist, forcing me to look at him. His eyes were burning with irritation. "You are not changing the subject. You're going to come home tonight and apologize to mum..." Drew said sternly, then he hesitated. "And dad."

"Dad? What did I do to him?" I shouted, forgetting we were in class. I blushed, although anger was still burning inside me. Why did I have to apologize to dad? For throwing an apple at him? That asshole had done much worse to me.

"Excuse me!"

I looked up to see the substitute teacher glaring down at me. "Yea?"

"What's your name?"

I looked around at my classmates, who were watching intently. I flashed them all a cocky smile before turning back to the old lady in front of me. "Andrew Sage." I said smugly, not looking at Drew.

"Ash!" Drew cried. Ha. That's what he gets for suggesting I should apologize to dad.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but this is my twin brother Asher. I'm Andrew." Explained Drew, then leaned into my ear and whispered, "And that's what you get for identity theft, asshole. Learn to not speak out loud."

I'm going to sew my mouth shut: it has been decided.

"Is that true Mr. Sage?" The substitute asked me in an annoyed tone.

I offered a innocent smile and shrugged, knowing that I wouldn't get anywhere by lying. "Looks like it."

"Right, off to the principal office you go. I won't have raised voices and identity theft in my class." She said, writing me a pink slip and then ordering me out of the class. I picked up my bag and without another look at Drew, I ventured out into the halls.

As I walked through the halls at a slow pace, I passed a maths class and peeking in I could see Jace, looking bored as hell. I smiled to myself and knocked on the door, keeping my eyes on Jace.