e

Taehyung's POV

it's been an hour since we started playing this hide and seek game. after hoseok hyung entered jin hyung's room, i entered my own room.

i carefully sat on my bed, trying not to make any noise. i started to stand up until i'm tiptoeing, reaching blindly on top of my hanging lamp.

i let out a smile when i felt a cold metal near my index finger and immediately grabbed it. i quickly went off of my bed while holding my key tightly.

i tensed up when i heard my door opening. i started to panic when the person, with unsteady footsteps, stalked towards me. a hand dropped down on my right shoulder causing me to turn around.

"hey hyung, " jeongguk whispered as i let out a sigh of relief. i smiled at him weakly, heart still racing from the fright that he unintentionally gave me.

"hey jeongguk, how's everyone? " jeongguk gave me a sad smile before shaking his head. my heart dropped. i stared at his face that's full of pain and sadness.

"w-what? come on, stop joking around. i've had enough, " jeongguk just shook his head again softly before grabbing my arm and started to walk towards my bedroom door.

"i'm really sorry, hyung. i can't do anything about this madness. i'm so sorry, " jeongguk mumbled. i made a move to pat him on the back but he held my wrist, effectively stopping me.

jeongguk carefully peeked outside before deciding that the coast is clear.

"hurry, hyung. we have to get out of here, " jeongguk whispered while grasping his phone tight, not wanting to let go.

"but the front door makes a noise when it gets unlocked, " i said, scared for our life. why did this even happened? it seemed like it's just yesterday when we're all happily joking around with each other.

"it's alright, hyung. we have to run quickly. i baited hoseok hyung to go upstairs, " jeongguk informed me and we heard a noise coming from the fourth floor, confirming that hoseok hyung is indeed at the top floor.

"this is the only thing that i can do. take care of yourself, hyung," jeongguk said softly to me as he gave me a swift but tight hug.

we quickly but quietly went down to the first floor. i fumbled with the key while inserting it and flinched when it made a noise, a noise that confirms that it's been unlocked. jeongguk hastily opened the door and we ran outside in full speed, eager to get out of there.

i looked back and saw hoseok hyung in the fourth floor, staring directly at me. i saw him jumping out of the window, using the balconies and trees to climb down.

"quick, jeongguk! he's coming, " i said loudly and looked beside me. he's not there. i stopped to look for him.

"jeongguk! " i yelled out, hoping he will hear me.

"jeongguk's not here, i caught him at the third floor! " hoseok answered while running towards me, determined to catch me. my eyes widened before running again.

"that's not true! jeongguk even helped me escape. we escaped together. i saw him running beside me just awhile ago! " i yelled at hoseok hyung but he just smiled at me.

"why are you even doing this? what happened to you?! " hoseok scowled at that, raising his knife higher.

"fine. i'll spare you some details. i want you gone because you're always stealing the spotlight! the others are fine with that but i'm clearly not okay with that! "

"you're always being showered with love, every fucking day—seconds even. you always get so many gifts while i didn't even received a letter! "

"one afternoon, a thought suddenly appeared in my mind. what if you're gone? if you disappeared in this earth, i will finally have the spotlight! i'll finally have the love and support that i deserved, "

"we loved you, hoseok hyung. the members has been giving you all of the love that you certainly need but what did you do? you killed them! "

tears fell from my eyes as i let out a sob. my sight is getting blurry because of the tears but i know i'm nearing the police station. i don't know how will i explain what happened there, i don't know if they will believe me.

hoseok hyung? killing his beloved members? sounds like a sick joke. if you ever told me that, i would've laughed at you. but now, i don't know anymore.

i rushed in at the police station, immediately hiding behind a policeman while panting.

"are you okay? what happened? wait a minute, i'll get you some water, " the policeman said and immediately handed me a water bottle.

i gulped it all down before mumbling a small 'thank you'. he nodded and instructed me to sit down which i immediately did. and then, i felt something in my back pocket.

i pulled it out and gasped. it's jeongguk's phone. i put in the password and it directed me into his gallery. i saw a picture and a video. i clicked the picture first. it's a picture of a handwritten note.

"hi hyung! we're sorry for treating you like that for a whole year. instead of leaving happy memories behind , all we gave you is pain and sadness.

we tried reporting it to the staffs but they won't believe us. i mean, who would ? our treasured sunshine? talking and wanting to kill you? what a joke.

we didn't believed him at first but then he started showing us. he's always sharpening a knife in the middle of the night. 'accidentally' cutting us with his knife. then everytime you fell asleep, he will go in your room and stare at you with that wicked smile on his face. that's when we knew, he's not joking around.

that's why i came up with this plan. i hope this video will make them believe you, us.

take care, hyung. we love you! "

i can't contain it anymore. i started sobbing while contemplating on whether i should watch the video or just show it to the policeman. in the end, i forced myself to watch it.

i saw how hoseok hyung put my beloved members to eternal sleep one by one, including how he stabbed jeongguk.

"any last word? " hoseok hyung asked jeongguk, who's lying on the floor in pain.

"tae hyung is in the fourth floor, " the latter said, grinning weakly at the former. hoseok hyung smiled back at him before patting his back and immediately going upstairs.

"you're still naive even though you're like that, " jeongguk mumbled.

after he's gone, jeongguk stood up and started limping towards my room. he stood behind me while clutching his stomach in pain and then it went pitch black.

the video ended there. i teared up, jeongguk and the rest gave up their life for this video. i cried again and let the policeman watch the video.

the policeman is saying something but my eyesight started to blur. my head felt like it's going to explode and i blacked out.

--

well that's uhm, unexpected i guess. i didn't put how the members died because i don't really want to write some gore.