prognosticate

Narrator's POV

taehyung's eyes slowly opened, frantically looking around. he sat up after realizing he's still in his own room but it's clean. he grabbed his phone that's hidden beneath his pillow and turned it on.

7am

taehyung gazed at his phone, giving it an incredulous stare. the door opened and jeongguk came in. taehyung stared at him from head to toe, checking if the younger is sporting an injury.

"taetae, let's go eat now. everyone is already sitting there waiting for you, " the youngest simply said before rushing back to their dining area, already starving.

taehyung slowly stood up and went downstairs. taehyung entered their dining area, getting greeted with a smile or a complaint about how he's taking way too long to wake up.

he went to the only available chair which is next to jimin and in front of hoseok. taehyung plopped down on the chair and began eyeing each members warily.

"what's wrong with you? " jin asked, immediately sensing something wrong.

"n-nothing, " taehyung answered meekly and they start digging in. they are all happily eating while joking around, booing when jin made some dad jokes.

taehyung is so confused. is it all a dream? a dream that can't possibly come true? or more like , a nightmare that can't possibly come true?

taehyung pushed all his thoughts away for a moment because he's really hungry and his nightmare took a toll in him. it felt too real for it to be just a dream, he thought.

after eating, they all did whatever they want to do because they are given a one week day off. the youngest is in the living room, draped all over the sofa.

jeongguk turned the television on but he diverted his attention to his phone instead. taehyung tapped his head lightly, asking for a space. jeongguk raised his head a bit, enough for his hyung to sit down. jeongguk causally used taehyung's lap as a pillow.

"hey, jeongguk. can i borrow your phone for a second? " the youngest nodded before giving it to his hyung. taehyung ruffled jeongguk's hair before taking his phone, immediately going in his gallery.

"it's not here, " taehyung unconsciously muttered. jeongguk gave him a questioning look before his eyes widened and he grabbed taehyung's arm to get his attention.

"you know, hyung. i have this weird ass dream where something went wrong. like, really wrong, "

"what are you guys talking about? " someone said and sat on jeongguk's legs. the youngest lets out a pained groan from the added weight.

"oh, it's just jimin, " jimin slapped jeongguk's thigh in retaliation, giving him a disapproving look.

"jiminie, did you have a weird dream too? " taehyung asked, finding the situation strange when jimin nodded. the latter shivered when he reminisced the dream that he had.

"yeah, it's so sudden to have a dream like that. i won't find it weird if i died falling or something but it's weird because a close friend killed me, "

"same and yes, i was eavesdropping, " jin made his presence known and put a plate full of slices of homemade pizza on the coffee table. jin made himself comfortable on the loveseat.

"hey, did you guys had a strange dream? because i almost peed my pants, " their leader announced as he sat on the floor in front of the maknae line. they all nodded simultaneously.

"hoseok/hyung killed me/you all, " they blurted out in sync. they heard a groan and they all saw yoongi, who's covered by a blanket. hoseok passed by and he waved at them, smiling brightly. the other five waved back before continuing what they are doing.

taehyung's eyes followed hoseok's figure. the latter is heading towards the kitchen and is starting to clean their mess.

"yoongi, are you gonna sleep again? we just ate, " jin asked while shaking his head. yoongi remained unbothered and is just laying there, motionless.

they all shrugged and let him be. the rest remained at their spots, telling stories and teasing each other.

an hour have passed and yoongi is still fast asleep. jin told taehyung to wake him up because it's his turn to buy groceries.

taehyung stalked towards his hyung, a little bit afraid that his hyung might punch him in his sleep.

"hey hyung, wake up, " taehyung whispered softly while shaking his hyung's small frame. taehyung started to shake him harder because he's not budging, gasping in horror when yoongi fell to the floor.

taehyung didn't gasped because his hyung fell to the floor. he gasped because of what he saw.

yoongi's mint blue blanket have a big red spot on them. his hyung is not breathing. taehyung slowly looked up, making eye contact with hoseok who's in the kitchen.

hoseok gave him a wicked smile as he lifted a knife that's full of blood.

the end

"the saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies. "