Chapter 6

"Hi, Camila," Lauren says as she opens her front door to find her date standing there. Lauren closes the door behind her and walks her girlfriend to the car. Before Lauren could open the drivers door for Camila, she opens the passenger door for Lauren. Lauren chuckles at the reverse of roles before getting in.

"I'm scared to see how you drive," Lauren teases as Camila starts the car.

"Why would you be s-scared? I am an excellent driver, even if most p-people don't think I would be. They also don't think I'd be very s-smart, but I am very s-smart. I'm going to be valedictorian of the class," Camila informs Lauren.

"I know, babe. You haven't stopped talking about it since we found out," Lauren says with a chuckle. Camila looks over at her quickly, flashing her a smile that always makes Lauren go crazy.

"So where are we going for our third date," Lauren questions, hoping she can get some answers out of her date. Camila shakes her head at the girl.

"It's a s-surprise, Lolo. Quit asking me," Camila tells her. Lauren pouts and leans back in her seat, crossing her arms in the process.

"What's that figurative language people s-say when someone is a-acting young? The one that you said to me that one time and I didn't get it," Camila questions out of the blue.

"You're acting like a child," Lauren tells her.

"Well Lolo, you're acting like a child right now. And I will not date a child, so s-straighten up," Camila says. Lauren looks at her to see if she is joking, but she already knows the answer. Camila has a straight face as she keeps driving. Lauren chuckles that she told her to straighten up in a serious way. Lauren then remembers what she said right before that.

"Date," Lauren questions.

"Yes, Lolo. We are on a date, w-what about it," Camila says as they pull up to an abandoned looking building.

"We're dating," Lauren ask, just to confirm.

"We go on dates, Lo. I think that m-means we're dating, we just aren't to that phase in dating where w-we are girlfriends," Camila explains confusing Lauren even farther.

"If I asked you to be my girlfriend, what would you say," Lauren ask.

"I'd s-say yes, but you haven't asked yet. Now come on, lets go inside," Camila says, getting out of the car before Lauren could say anything. Lauren finally looks at her surroundings as she gets out of the car.

"Camz, are you sure we're at the right place," Lauren asked as she looks at the horror-like building.

"Yes, come on," Camila whines, grabbing Lauren's hand and pulling on it to speed her up. They walk into the place, hand in hand, to see a man standing by the staircase. And he looked just as scary as the rest of this place.

"Here, put these on so you don't mess up your clothes. Then follow me," the man says, giving them two aprons. He stares coldly at them as they put on what he handed them. The man leads them into a room with only white walls and colors splattered all over the floor. The man then leaves them to it.

"What is this place, babe," Lauren asked.

"We're painting, Lo. I figured we s-should do something you liked, so we are h-here," Camila informs the older Latina. Lauren smiles at her cuteness.

"So what's the plan for this? WE have four walls to do whatever we want and an unlimited supply of paint," Lauren ask, her eyes landing on all the paint.

"Why don't we do two w-walls together and then one by ourselves," Camila tells Lauren. Lauren nods in understand as Camila walks over to the paint and grabs a brush. Lauren does the same and figures out what she wants to do, she finds the red, green, and blue paints before walking back over to her wall.

"No peaking," Camila says as she walks by, back over to her wall. Lauren rolls her eyes playfully at the girl, knowing well that Camila would be the one to peak. They work by themselves for about an hour, Lauren's soft singing the only thing heard in the room. They both seem to finish at the same time.

"On three," Lauren ask.

"On three w-what? Turn around on three?," Camila ask.

"Yeah, babe. One, two, three," Lauren says, they both turn around. Lauren smiles at Camila's cute flower that she painted. Lauren looks nervously at Camila, waiting for her to say something.

"Of course, Lo," Camila says smiling, walking over to Lauren and hugging her tightly. Lauren looks back at her drawing of a heart, the words "be my girlfriend?" inside of it. Lauren knows she could've done something so much cooler, but she knew that labels were important to Camila. And Camila was important to her.

"I'm glad you said yes," Lauren says, pulling away from the hug.

"What'd you think I was going to s-say? No?" Camila says looking at Lauren like she's crazy. Lauren shrugs before pecking the younger girl on the lips. Camila shakes her head at her before pulling her in for a longer kiss. The sparks that Lauren feels every time they kiss is crazy.

"I can't believe I was your first kiss, you're so good at kissing," Lauren informs her.

"Well I like kissing you, s-so that probably helps," Camila says leading Lauren back over to the paints.

"Let's draw each other on the other two walls, but colorful," Camila adds as she grabs pastel pink and a light blue. Camila goes over to a wall, expecting Lauren to follow. As she puts the paints down she looks back to see Lauren still standing where she was before and just smiling at her.

"What are you doing," Camila ask confused.

"Looking at art."

"M-my flowers are quite amazing, a-aren't they?" Camila says with a proud smile on her face. Lauren just chuckles at her now girlfriend's misunderstanding.

Lauren walks over and gives Camila a sweet kiss on the lips, fully infatuated with the girl. Their kiss was cut short as Lauren's phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Lo, it's Dinah. Is Camila with you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Her parents can't get a hold of her and they need her to come home now."

"Okay thanks, D. We'll head that way now."

Camila looks at the girl as she puts her phone away, waiting for her to tell what's going on.

"That was Dinah. Apparently your parents need you back at home and couldn't get ahold of you," Lauren explains to her now girlfriend.

"Yes, I left it i-in the car. I didn't want our t-time together to get interrupted," Camila tells Lauren, making the older girl smile.

"Well we've got to get you home now," Lauren says.

"Will you c-come with me," Camila ask as they walk out after Camila pays the man.

"Of course," Lauren says, grabbing her girlfriend's hand. Camila jumps and takes her hand back right away.

"Please don't g-grab me without asking first," Camila ask as she drives off from the abandoned looking place. Camila wonders what was so urgent that she had to go home.

"Why do you think you have to go home so bad," Lauren ask, reading Camila's thoughts exactly.

"I don't know, I guess w-we will find out once we get t-there," Camila says.

"I know, but you really don't have any clue what it could be," Lauren ask.

"No, Lo. I do not have any clue w-what it could be," Camila says as she pulls into her driveway of the house.

"Well, lets go find out," Lauren says, opening the passenger door to let herself out. They walk in to everyone crowding. Sofi finds her way out and runs to us, slower than usual because the cast on her arm weighs her down.

"Kaki, Shawn's here!"

So I wrote most of this on my laptop in thirty minutes which is why it's not very long (or very good for that matter) but yeah tell me what you think :)))