Chapter 25

Someone take me to Canada.

"What's going on with Mani," Camila ask as everyone else had left the hospital room to do multiple things.

"How'd I know you were going to ask," Dinah teases with a dramatic eye roll.

"I am sorry, I will not ask again," Camila answers, lowering her head to look at her hands playing with the blanket on her lap.

"Milz, I was just teasing. It's okay that you asked, you're my best friend. You should know," Dinah reassures the older girl before she started feeling bad about it.

"Oh okay, tell me what happened then," Camila suggest as she lifts her head back up, not making eye contact with Dinah.

"You wanna make eye contact with me, Walz," Dinah ask her best friend.

"Clara says I should try, but it's hard," she mumbles quietly.

"Well lemme tell you bout Mani and I okay? Basically this chick decides to ask me to be the third wheel on her date, the third fucking wheel Walz. So I get there and like this dude sucks, he sucks. So I'm over here like 'let's just ditch him' and Mani FINALLY agrees, so we do. And then when we get to the car I start yelling at her because I mean who the fuck wants to be a third wheel on a date and she didn't tell me beforehand either. You're not gonna believe this part, but she cuts me off by kissing me. Just flat out mouth to mouth kissing me and then I pull back and am like 'the hell.' She just stares at me for a second before getting out of the car and sprinting away. So I follow this bitch until she finally stops her running and I'm out of breath from it. Basically she kisses me again and tells me some gooey stuff. Then we went on our own date afterwards and yeah I don't know what we are now," Dinah rambles on to her best friend as she recalls the whole story.

"What's a third wheel," Camila ask once she realizes that Dinah is done with her story.

"Someone who hangs out with a couple or people on a date," Dinah explains to Camila, as if she was already waiting for that question. Camila nods her head, acknowledging Dinah's answer as she thinks.

"What're you thinking about," Dinah questions as she watches her best friend look off into space. Camila always had that feature about her, always getting lost in nothing. It at times can be a pain for Dinah, Camila never wanting to come back from her infinite amount of thoughts.

"Milaaaa," Dinah tries again, saying her name louder than before. Camila finally slowly looks towards Dinah, her eyes glazed over.

"I had a dream while I was asleep," Camila says slowly, her fingers playing with the loose thread in the hospital blanket. Dinah tilts her head slightly tot he side, confused as to where this could go.

"What type of dream," Dinah questions, scooting closer to her best friend.

"A nightmare," Camila states simply. Dinah is growing ever more confused by Camila's short answers. She reaches slowly to take Camila's hand in her own.

"Talk to me," Dinah insists as Camila starts to play with the younger girl's fingers.

"I saw my uncle and aunt," Camila says, looking anywhere, but at Dinah. Dinah then realizes what Camila is talking about.

"Ally's parents," she mumbles, more to herself than to Camila. Camila gives a nod, finalizing what Dinah had said.

"I relived the accident, but this time I wasn't in the car with them and Ally. I was being restrained and I had to watch the whole thing happen again. But unlike when it actually happened, I wasn't able to get to Ally. She died with them and I couldn't save her," Camila explains, tears now flowing freely from her brown eyes. Dinah pulls Camila into a gentle hug, feeling her pain.

She remembers when the accident happened, when the car didn't stop and the family had gotten crashed into. She remembers Camila in a hospital bed like she is now, but Ally in the bed next to her. She remembers them crying when the doctors came in and told them that the two adults hadn't made it. She remembers Camila telling the police that she remembered how to do CPR she was able to save Ally. Dinah remembers Camila crying in her arms multiple nights because she had to choose. Dinah remembers the nights where she'd come over to both of their rooms trashed and Camila's parents both holding one each with baby Sofi crying in the background. She remembers having to bounce Sofi until she calmed down enough for Dinah to be able to go and hold her best friend. Dinah remembers Ally getting teased for crying in class on parent day. Dinah remembers Camila and her both giving one parent to Ally for the day. Dinah remembers being there for all of it, she'll never be able to forget it.

"It's okay, Walz. Ally's okay," Dinah mutters into the brunette's hair. Dinah begins to cry with her best friend, all of the memories coming back. Camila pulls away as she hears a sob that wasn't hers being sounded in the hospital room. She wipes Dinah's tears away with her thumb, giving her best friend a sad smile.

"I'm sorry," Dinah sadly chuckles, feeling guilty when she should be there for her best friend. Not crying with her.

"Don't, I know it was a hard time for you too. To see Ally and me the way you did, I can't imagine what you had gone through doing that time. Thank you for being there for us though, you'll never understand how much I appreciated it and how much I appreciate you. And I know Ally feels the same way," Camila rambles on, as Dinah realizes something.

"You didn't freak out like you usually do. You were upset and you just cried it out and let me hug you, Chancho," Dinah says, her smile growing wider with each word.

"Guess progress really is being made," Camila says, her smiling a splitting image of Dinah's in that moment.

"I love you, Walz," she says quietly, bringing the older girl into a large hug.

"I love you too," Camila says equally as quiet, feeling on top of the world even after her emotional breakdown only moments ago.

"Woah what'd we just walk in on," they hear Lauren says, both of them pulling away to find Lauren and Ally standing in the doorway.

"Smallz, Ralph," Dinah yells a little too loud for being in the hospital. Before either girl could reply they're being crushed into a hug by the Polynesian girl.

"Love you too, DJ," Lauren mumbles out, her face being squished into one of Dinah's shoulders. Or boobs, she's not sure.

Dinah eventually pulls away from Lauren, keeping Ally in a tight hug. Lauren takes this advantage to go over and kiss her girlfriend hello. The other two finally release from the hug and walk over to the two girlfriends.

"Wait, Camz why do you look like you've been crying?"

"It's a long story."

Well it's been a while, sorry for that. WRITERS BLOCK SUCKS anyways have a nice day/night.