Chapter 27

New story coming at you at 8 sharp (40 minutes from now.)

"Normani Kordei Hamilton, I am going to kill you," Lauren yells from down the hall as she sees her best friend and her new boo (yes Lauren found out through Camila about the whole Norminah thing) walking down the hall.

"Shit what'd you do," Lauren hears Dinah say as they both stop where they're at. Lauren stomps over to the two and stops face to face with Normani.

"You idiot," is all Lauren says as she smacks Normani on the back of the head.

"Ow, what'd I do," Normani questions, wincing in pain at the now stinging area.

"You told Dinah that I needed sex and Camila fucking heard, stupid," Lauren answers once again smacking the back of her best friend's head.

"Hey, quit with the abuse. What's the big deal about it anyways," Normani ask, rubbing the spot where she was hit twice.

"Because it made Camila insecure," Dinah replies, already knowing the answer without having to hear the story from Lauren.

"Exactly," Lauren retorts, still glaring down her best friend. In that moment Camila walks through the doors of the school and over to them.

"Hey, guys," she says cheerfully, placing a hand around Lauren's waist and giving her a kiss on the cheek in welcoming.

"Obviously it didn't affect her that much," Normani mumbles, this time receiving a smack in the head from Dinah.

"What didn't affect who," Camila ask, curious as to what Normani was talking about.

"Fucking super hearing powers and shit," Lauren mutters and just like Normani, Camila hears her. Camila playfully rolls her eyes at her girlfriend before deciding to let the conversation go.

"Did you know that cockroaches can go up to three days without a head," Camila randomly says as the quietness in the conversation was getting to be too much.

"Wow they can go three days without a body part while I can't go a day with you," Lauren flirts, looking at her girlfriend with a cheeky smile on her face. Her comment makes Camila lean in and kiss her, softly, because that's the only way Camila ever kisses her and Lauren loves it. Camila hears Dinah groan behind her, making her deepen the kiss with Lauren to annoy her best friend even more. They finally pull away to see that the two other girls that were once standing across from them, were now gone.

"They left us," Camila pouts, making Lauren laugh and kiss the pout off of her face. They walk hand in hand to their first class, seeing Dinah already in there.

"It was too much for me. I love my ship and all, but it was just too much," Dinah exaggerates, Camila laughing at her over dramatic friend. The loud sound of laughter causes some of the students already in there with the three, look their way.

"Lauren, be quiet," Camila ask quietly, not liking that people were staring at them. Lauren immediately stops laughing at her girlfriend's request, making Dinah speak up.

"Walz, you can't just tell your girlfriend to shut up," Dinah tells the girl, knowing that she didn't mean anything bad by it.

"But I don't like people staring at me," Camila mumbles, worried that she'd done something wrong.

"Tell Lauren that then, you can't be rude to her," Dinah instructs, Camila turns to Lauren with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry, Lolo. I didn't mean to," Camila hugs the older girl as a way of saying 'sorry.'

"It's okay, babe," Lauren mumbles into her hair, enjoying the hug too much. So much to when Camila tries to pull away, she pulls her back in. Dinah gives Lauren a look that says everything that is needed to be said. Lauren mouths a 'thank you' to the Polynesian girl before pulling away from her girlfriend. She lands a kiss on her cheek before they sit down, watching as the teacher comes in in that exact moment.

"Guess you timed that perfectly," Dinah mumbles as she tunes out from whatever is being said at the front of the room. Lauren rolls her eyes at the other girl, as she actually attempts to pay attention, unlike her.

The rest of the school day goes on as any school day should go, boring and mind blowing. In a bad way. For Lauren at least that's how it is, Camila loves school though. Camila loves it to the point where Lauren decided to ask her girlfriend if she could tutor her. And that's why they are now headed to Camila's house.

"Why do you like Ed Sheeran so much," Lauren ask as her voice fills the otherwise quiet car with the named singer playing in the background.

"The first time I heard him sing was with my Abuela. We were sitting outside, I was on the ground playing with Max while she was in her rocking chair beside me. I had wanted to show her this dance that I had created, so she turned the radio on. 'Give Me Love' had just started to play. It was a month before she had been taking to the hospital for seizure hospital because of a brain tumor. She had known about the tumor and decided not to tell us, my parents were angry at her for so long. They never got to tell her that they forgave her, so I guess that was really my last happy memory with her," Camila confesses, her eyes trained on her fidgeting hands in front of her. Lauren keeps her eyes on the road, but reaches for her hand. She finds it and interlaces their fingers, the older girl gives her a comforting smile as the rest of the car ride was quiet.

That smile was all Camila would ever need.

So as I finally have finished this too short of a chapter I wanted to promote a story that I've been debating on posting for who knows how long. I've had this story in my drafts for so long (and I've fallen in love with it.) The only problem is that it is nothing like Speak, it's a progress of a romance. The 'gun' is not 'jumped' as it is in this story, I realized how much better I like the slowness instead. Camila also has a kid in the new story called "Impact." So basically everything is different. Speak will still be my number one priority until it has been finished (20 more chapters to go!!!) ((also is it weird that I write the last chapter first??)) (((also please like this new story because I love it)))