twelve

Just started tennis, yay. But I think I suck and the guy that taught lessons told me that I'm too pessimistic to realize that I'm stronger than I think. It's a lifestyle, not a personality.
~k

Through 15: Mayday Paradise

"Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up."
-Veronica Roth (Divergent)

*

Jc's POV-

How could she call Alex my girlfriend and act like I'm trying to make her jealous? I mean, yeah I do like Alex but I know how she is so I'm not planning on making a move on her until Jack and Kian's plan is over.

Jenn furiously crossed her arms, facing away from me as Alex sighed nervously, I couldn't blame her since whenever Jenn's around it's hard to keep my anger in control.

Alex kept playing with her black rope bracelet on her wrist, she always does that when she's nervous.

I gulped hard before trying to stitch things up with Jenn and I for Alex's sake, "You look nice today Jenn."

She faintly smiled, looking down at her leggings tucked into her matching black combat boots paired with a white off the shoulder shirt that had an X on it with a flower pattern.

"Uh thanks. You too." She returned slightly shocked that I was trying to mend our friendship. Alex looked up winking at me, proud of what I was attempting to do.

We all got back in the car, noticing that Connor and Trevor had got a few gifts along with some wrapping paper.

"Early Christmas shopping I see?" Alex asked them laughing. I totally forgot that Christmas was in a week or so. Man, I got to shopping soon.

Connor responded, "Yeah. Wanted to beat the holiday rush."

Trevor commented, "I finished, even got you a little something Alex."

"Aw, thanks. I've been ordering your gifts too." Alex told them.

Jenn smirked, "Andrea, Rebecca, and I are all coming over too on Christmas Eve so get ready for a party!"

~•~

Kian's POV-

We were all chilling out at the O2L house watching movies, eating, and talking a little. Eventually, the topic of the others at the mall came up.

"How much do you want to bet that Jenn and Jc got into it again?" Ricky asked, yet we all knew that they did.

I tossed my arm around Andrea before speaking, "Nah, Jc is probably drooling over Alex."

Rebecca gasped, "No way! I thought they liked each other. Aw, they'd be so cute together!"

"Duh, you think we didn't know that? That's why Kian and I are setting them up, for this new YouTube tag." Jack explained to the group, pausing the movie that we were currently watching.

Andrea's jaw dropped, "You guys are so lame. Why can't you just let Jc find a girlfriend on his own? Not that Alex isn't a perfect fit."

"That's the thing, Alex is the perfect girlfriend for him. They're both funny, caring, and nice." I replied.

Jack played the movie again until Connor, Trevor, Alex, Jc, and Jenn barged through the door laughing.

Everyone's eyes widened when they dropped down to Jc and Jenn's interlocked fingers clasped together tightly. Alex's face looked pissed as she took the car keys from Connor to lay them down on the kitchen counter.

"So, lovebirds what happened with you two?" Rebecca was the only one that was daring enough to ask what we all had racing through our minds.

Jc cleared his throat, "Well Alex yelled at us for fighting so we were being nicer to each other and then," he paused holding up their intertwined hands, "this just happened."

Trevor laughed, "Thank god for Alex getting them back together!"

We all clapped while Alex stood there looking down at her converse. I could tell that she had some feelings for Jc.

Sam got up placing a lanky arm around Alex, causing her to look up, "We're going to go for a walk, anybody need anything while we're out?"

Connor shouted back, "Yeah! A room Jenn and Jc if they keep this romance stuff up."

I could see Alex's eyes narrow slightly as she let out a fake, stifled laugh.

"Did the new beds come in yet?" Alex asked softly barely above a whisper.

Jc nodded toward the room the she shared with Sam and me. We had left her new black bed frame and mattress up against the door. It was a bunk bed so that we could just give one of the other beds to Jc.

Sam's POV-

I felt bad for Alex, I could tell that she somewhat had feelings for Jc even though she isn't very open with others.

We went into our room that we shared with Kian to set up her new bunk bed that we would share. I decided to give her the choice of being on the top or down on the bottom, to which she chose the bottom.

Once we had assembled the bunk bed, I placed my dark blue comforters on my top bunk as she put her black sheets on the bottom bunk.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, looking down at her from the higher bunk.

She glanced up, her piercing green eyes roamed around the room landing down at her feet. "I'm fine."

I raised an eyebrow. "Alex, let your guard down for 5 seconds. I can tell that you had something for Jc."

"There is no way that I would ever like Jc, we're just friends." Her hands shuffled through her suitcase as she began to place her clothes into the closet in the corner that was opposite of the one that Kian and I shared.

I scoffed, "I see the way you look at him when you think no one's looking."

"Jc and I? Like that'd ever happen." Alex quickly shuffled out of the room, rejoining everyone else.

I've never seen her so nervous, Jack told me that she always acts like she doesn't care or that she doesn't have feelings so it seems so different for me or anyone to see her like this. I think that Kian and Jack pushed the Jc and Alex thing too much, if they had just let it happen then they'd already be together. But they had to wreck it.

I came out into the living room to see Andrea laying her head down on Kian's shoulder, Jenn attached to Jc, Connor playing on his phone, Trevor was infatuated with the movie that was playing, Ricky was chatting with Rebecca and Jack who were taking selfies, and little Alex was all alone in the corner sunk into the bean bag.

I plopped down on the couch before Jenn stood up to answer a call. Soon enough, she came back happier than ever but her phone kept flashing with different messages from the same person but I wasn't close enough to tell who. Jc wasn't going to look, he wasn't that type of person.

I knew their backstory where Jenn had cheated on him, breaking his heart into a million little pieces. She is just too sketchy to trust after all that.

Suddenly after checking a message, Jenn rose from her spot on the couch next to Jc. "Well, it's been fun guys but I have to go," she paused, "somewhere. Oh, and Alex, we have to hang out again sometime soon! Bye."

She kissed Jc on the cheek and then ran out of the house in a rush.

"That was weird, she's been doing that a lot lately. I'm going to go see what's up. I'll see you guys later." Andrea walked out of the house, hopping in her car to follow Jenn.

I was confused as to what was going on, all I knew was that Jc probably wouldn't be too happy with the result.