thirteen

It's like midnight as I write this, why am I still up? I'm so strange. It's snowing, perks of living on the East Coast. I can't even begin to imagine Jenn doing any of this, she so kind. Plus, sorry that it's short. If it is. I can't really tell. Haha oops.
~k

Best Song Ever (Give Me Your Hand): The Ready Set

"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up my friend."
-John Green (The Fault In Our Stars)

*

Alex's POV-

A week had passed since Jenn and Jc had gotten together and it was Christmas tomorrow morning. I didn't mind that they were together but I wished that she wasn't obviously cheating on him. Poor Jc, he really likes her too.

At the moment we were all gathered around the fireplace in the living room wearing fuzzy onesies as we placed our presents around the tree for each other. Andrea had placed all of her, Jenn, and Rebecca's gift earlier when they had first arrived around the tree.

The twinkling lights draped around the fake Christmas tree looked beautiful as we all danced around looking stupid in our onesies. Jc and I were wearing matching onesies which were decorated in a blue background with white clouds along with a 'Stay Cloudy' decal across the back in dark blue lettering. Kian and Sam's was decorated with cameras all over a red background while Ricky's was a Pokemon Charazard onesie which looked totally awesome. Trevor's was covered in microphones while Connors had cats all over it. Jack's had an American flag displayed on it like Niall's from One Direction.

We were all ready for bed and had set up sleeping bags along with air mattresses for our giant Christmas Eve sleepover. Kian and Andrea were tucked away nicely under the sheets on his bed with Trevor stuffed in his sleeping bag at the foot of their bed. Connor had taken Sam's top bunk since it wouldn't be safe to have two people on top moving Sam down next to me since he was like a brother, so I didn't mind. Rebecca, Ricky, and Jack were all sprawled across the floor by the door huddled up in their comfy sleeping bags. Jc and Jenn were cuddled close together under a huge comforter on an air mattress.

It was about 1 am when I awoke from my sleep. I sat up puzzled as to why I couldn't sleep. Since there was a window behind my bed, I peered out it bringing my knees into my chest trying my best not to wake Sam.

"Can't sleep?" Jc stirred, facing me as he sat up.

I shook my head no while running a hand through my long brown hair then adjusting the hood of my onesie by placing it over my head.

"Me neither." He sat up from the mattress before placing himself down next to me toward the front end where I was perched before Sam's torso.

I turned to look at him. "Why can't you sleep?"

He sighed, thinking for a minute or so, probably deciding whether to tell me the real reason or not. "Just thinking about something."

"Same here," I laughed slightly keeping my voice low, "what about?"

Jc took a deep breath in, "Jenn."

Had he figured it out? I didn't want to be the one that would break it to him, but who would?

"What about her?" I questioned trying not to give much away about her scandal so that Jc wouldn't be too disappointed on Christmas, but not sounding clueless.

He shrugged, "It just seems like she's not there, always running around."

"Maybe cause she's cheating on you." I muttered, hoping that Jc heard me but also wishing that he didn't hear.

"Hm? What'd you say?" Jc asked fidgeting with his fingers.

Jenn sat up, probably hearing our entire conversation. She eyed me until Jc compensated by hopping back under the covers giving me a two-finger salut which was my thing. I laughed softly.