twenty-nine

Mardy Bum- Artic Monkeys

"You can go out and have fun with your friends but I can't do that cause I'm a loser!"

-Josh, Drake and Josh

*

Alex's POV-

Much to her reluctance, Jc's mother luckily dropped the topic of why I was upset and just let me wallow in self-pity.

After she pulled into the garage, I excused myself, saying that I was going to go rest. My head was pounding so it wasn't that much of a lie.

I feel bad for leaving the rest of the guys, although it's not like it mattered that much since I'm not a YouTuber like the rest of them.

I showered, taking an excessively long amount of time to wash my hair and cleanse my body.

I ended up changing into a pair of black basketball shorts and a dryfit muscle tee.

"Uh, Mrs. Caylen, I'm going for a quick run. I'll eat dinner while I'm out so don't wait up for me. Tell Jc too so he isn't waiting." As if he would now that Jenn is back in the picture.

She pressed her lips into a firm smile, nodding politely. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me, or even Jc."

"Don't worry, I will." I smirked, knowing how caring she is and how much I missed having my own parents at times like this.

"But be back for 7:30. Jc's siblings are being dropped off and I think he would like you to meet them."

"I'd love to meet them. Jc has told me all about them. You have such a beautiful family, thanks for everything that you've done for me, it's honestly such a blessing." I smiled genuinely at her before walking out the front door.

I was familiar with the streets of Texas since I grew up around the neighborhood so I took off to the right, running.

All my mind could process was what had occurred on that stage barely an hour ago. How Jc fall for Jenn like that again?

I shouldn't be mad, it's not like we're dating or anything. All we are is friends, that's all.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Friends.

Images of Jenn's lips on his face flashed on the insides of my eyelids constantly. I just needed something to get my mind off of all the drama.

Running has constantly been my outlet for relieving my stress and forgetting about all the drama in my life.

I had my headphones jammed into my ears and I felt as if I was just wandering, not really thinking much about anything.

That was until I was almost ran over.

A baby blue Mustang practically rammed into my side while I was crossing the road. I held a hand up, apologizing for not paying attention.

Hitting around 5 miles, I decide it's time to eat some food before I start the run back. I glance up and down the street in an attempt to find some quick café or fast food store.

I spot a small coffee shop that doesn't appear to be too busy and head in, prepared with a few dollars.

~

Kian's POV-

"You're kidding, right?" I shouted at Jc from across the stage.

The meet and greet had recently wrapped up, therefore we were just talking and hanging around when Jc decided to drop a bomb on us.