seventeen

I have another essay due, yay. I honestly think that this chapter is adorable, but I don't have much emotion so I hope you like it. It's a little short but I promise that next chapter will be phenomenal. Yep.

Ordinary: Ricky Dillon

"in a cup of loneliness, I found instant relief"

*

Jc's POV-

"I have been dying to see this movie ever since I read the book!" Alex shouted jumping up and down as we waiting in line to retrieve our tickets for Divergent before we got food. My vlogging camera was pointed at her as she went on and on.

"Okay, okay. Calm down." I laughed slightly blushing at the thought of how cute she is when she's excited.

I grabbed the tickets handing one to her after we both paid. We headed over toward the concession stand.

"Are we getting our signature slushies along with the usual large popcorn?" I asked knowing that she'd probably agree which she did.

I faced the camera back at me once more before we were about to head into the theater, "Alex and I are back at the movies again. Then we're going to dinner. It's getting real exciting over here, right Princess?"

"Of course Prince Charming." Alex beamed, her smile widening.

I ended the vlog as we walked into the dark theater, placing ourselves in the back of the tiny room.

~*~

"That was epic!" Alex's eyes were wide as she went on to explain how awesome the movie was. Her tongue was stained red while mine was blue just like the last time.

I flipped my camera on, "As Alex has been saying for the past 10 minutes, the movie was awesome. Now we head to dinner, where are we going?" I ask turning to face her.

She looks up from her phone, "Jack, Kian, Ricky, Connor, Trevor, and Sam are joining us for dinner. They said that we're going to some place down the street that's supposedly fancy."

"Well guys, we're going to go change and then we'll see you again in like an hour." I tucked my camera into my pocket continuing to walk to the car with Alex.

Alex was quite persistent on driving so I let her, although I did have to give a lot of directions.

"Take a right up here. Alex! Go right now!" I shouted hoping that she'd manage to turn in time.

The car swerved right turning perfectly allowing us to just make it. "See, I'm good at driving. I just don't know where I'm going. Directions aren't my thing." She smiled making my heart melt slightly.

"Sure," I commented dragging out the word. "The hotel is up there on the left."

We pulled into the hotel, parked the car, and then walked in. The elevator was empty so when Alex turned to me to talk I wasn't too surprised, that was until she spoke.

"Jc, so you know that guy from the elevator earlier?" Her eyes faced back toward the metal that encircled us in a square while she played with her bracelet.

I scoffed annoyed, "Yeah."

She swallowed slightly unhappy with my response, "He was getting really close to me and I wanted him to leave me alone so I might have lied to him."

"About what?" My eyes lit up from the excitement of her not being interested in that lame guy. I guess she could tell too cause she laughed when my voice got noticeably higher.

Her vision went straight down to her feet as she chuckled nervously to herself. "Us. I said I had a boyfriend, and that it's you. He wants to meet us tomorrow around 5."

"Okay, I'm cool with it. We can sleep late, make a video with the guys, and then go out to eat before it." Us? There's an us. Jc, I thought to myself, you can't like her, stop falling for her.

We eventually made it to the room where the room was empty along with a note on the back of the door explaining that the guys would meet us there.

"You can take the bathroom. I'll change out here. Let me know when you're done." I smiled, which she did as well.

I quickly changed into a long sleeve dark blue button up with a black tie, black dress pants, and blue and black vans that tied it all together.

I knocked on the bathroom door to let Alex know that I was done.

"Sorry, Andrea packed this dress for me and I'm not exactly used to wearing them- ow- but I'm working on it." I could hear her yelp as a loud thud sounded from behind the door.

"You okay? Need help...?" I was confused as to what I was supposed to do in order to help her out.

She shouted back that she got it so I went back over to sit down on my bed. Honestly, she didn't take too long compared to other girls.

The door opened and I looked up to see Alex; and she looked stunning. I had to clench my jaw from dropping.

Alex's POV-

Jc offered to help but I politely declined wanting to figure out how to put it on the way Andrea showed me. I slipped the dark blue strapless dress that went to my knees over my head in an attempt to get it on.

It finally came on but I slipped on the mat when I went to grab my matching vans that are dark blue and black. Bruises started forming on my shoulder and along my arm.

Once my shoes were tied, I walked out into the main room causally not making a big deal. Jc was stunned when I walked out which I was confused by. It's just a dress.

"Well someone cleans up nicely." Jc winked shoving his wallet into his pants pocket along with his phone after texting the guys that we're leaving down.

"Look who's talking." I joked back picking up the purse that Andrea paired with the whole outfit. I tried to put it on my shoulder but it kept falling and was quite small.

Jc laughed as I struggled to figure out how I was supposed to wear it. "God, Andrea would be disappointed."

"Hey! What she doesn't know won't hurt her." I smirked tossing the purse back into the bag and dropping my phone on the bed.

Jc drove to dinner this time since he knew where he was going a lot better than I did. We were engaged partially in some small talk as the radio hummed tunes as background noise.

Once we reached the destination, Jc parked then quickly ran around the side of the rental car to help me out as he opened the door for me.

I giggled, "Thanks Prince Charming."

"Anything for you Princess." Jc smiled showing his perfect smile. He ran a hand through his hair after taking my hand to pull me out of the car.

When we arrived the guys looked like they had just been seated judging by the waters that littered the large table. I sat down with Jack on my left, then Jc, and to his right was Kian. Following him, on the other side of the table was Sam, Connor, Ricky, and then Trevor.

The guys were all dressed up in suits, ties, button ups, and even Connor wore a bow tie that matched his green shoes. Their eyes went wide at the sight of me knowing that I was a major tomboy standing in front of them in a dress.

"Guys, I'm not that ugly. Don't need to stare." I joked taking my place as well as the menu that had been placed in front of me.