Chapter Nineteen

Candy and I walked down the hallway towards one of the air vents. I saw it while I was on my way to the lunch room. I looked upwards to see if it was still there, or if we were in the wrong hallway. "Where are we going?" Candy asked me.

"To an air vent. I saw one big enough to fit a few people." I told her.

She nodded and sped walked in front of me. I saw the air vent and ran up to it. It was at least 4 feet above my head. I sighed. I looked back at Candy. "We have a small problem. . ." I blurted out.

She nodded. "I see." Candy thought a moment. She then snapped her fingers, which scared the living hell out of me. "I have an idea!" she smiled at me. I nodded my head, signaling her to continue on wards. Candy crouched down. "Get on my shoulders. Sense I'm 5'11, I could put you up there, by just standing." she told me her plan.

I liked the idea. I put my legs around her shoulders. Candy then stood up, and jumped. I banged my head on the air vent, and it opened because of impact. I looked at her and groaned. "Oww!. . ." I muttered, half giggling.

"Sorry." she chuckled.

I carefully popped my head through the opening. I looked around the vent. It was dark, but as my eyes adjusted, it got easier to see. I slowly got to my feet on Candy's shoulders. I then stood up all the way, my shoulders already through the air vent. Candy rolled her neck. "Careful Alice! My shoulders hurt from sleeping them on them wrong!" I ignored her pitiful whining. I crept up into the vent. I did a little hop into the air vent, and may I say, it was very hot in there. As I got up there, I peeked down at Candy. She shrugged at me, frowning slightly. "I don't think I can go. . ." she stared at me with sorrow in her eyes.

I shook my head. What is this? This feeling, I want to cry, yet not at the same time. I pushed the feelings away. "Yes you can. You promised." I told her. "Just. . . Jump. I'll help you up into-"

"No, Alice. You're not strong enough." she cut me off.

I put my hands down for her to grab. "Come on! Help me Cheshire!" I called for him.

Candy cocked her head. "Who?" She asked me. I shook my head as I felt tears coming down my face. "Alice, stop being a baby. What happened to the Alice I knew. The strong, not-ever-gave-one-fuck Alice?" she asked me, smiling.

I sniffed and smiled slightly. "I don't like that Alice." I muttered. "I like the Alice when she's around you, my friend."

Candy stared at me. She sighed. Candy looked back up at me. "Get ready to pull me up." Candy smiled up at me.

----------

A/N: AND that's all I wrote... I'm somewhat tired, and I'm too lazy to type another chapter up. I might. . . maybe. . .i dont know yet lawl

Don't forget to comment and vote for my story :3