Chapter Twenty-Two ((Final))

The guards came storming into the forest, looking around for us. They're so stupid. They were looking everywhere but upwards. I glanced over at Candy, who held up a hand, as if saying that they haven't seen her yet. I did the same. We sat there quietly, waiting for them to go away. 

It must have taken hours, or maybe it was just in my head. But after so long is sitting still and being silent, the guards gave up. The boss stood at the edge of the forest, his arms crossed, and was tapping his foot. Th guards approached him. They both shrugged. "We couldn't find them." one spoke up first.

Boss coughed. "What do you mean?" he demanded.

"It means we couldn't find them."

"What?! They have to be in here! I saw them run in here."

"Well, they arn't or they're too deep into the forest by now. We my-as-well just put up a warning on the news or something saying that two of our patients went missing." one of the guards suggested.

The boss shook his head and turned around. He started to walk back towards the asylum, ranting about how lazy the security is and all that bull shit. I held up a hand to Candy, telling her to stay were she was. After they were out of sight, We climbed down off of the trees. We met up, and huffed. "That was somewhat scary." Candy spoke up.

We started to walk deeper into the forest. "I know. But wasn't it heart racing?" I asked her, a big smiled planted upon my face.

She nodded, and smiled slightly. "Yeah, I guess." she chuckled. Candy looked over at me after three minutes of silence. "Alice?"

"Yep."

"Where are we going to go?" she asked me.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Anywhere we want I guess." 

Candy smiled and started to run a head of me. I couldn't help but run after her. I have a feeling this new life of ours will be better once we reach our destination.

----------

A/N: It's over, go cry in a corner. I'm sorry I didn't warn you before, but Yeah. And I'm sorry the last chapter was so short.  And just a heads up, this is the last book for A.I.W. . . . Mmkay? No, go cry in a corner and sulk to depressing music. . . or happy music, whatever makes you. . .IDFK WHAT I'M SAYINGS <<even that

Don't forget to comment and vote for my story :3