Chapter Twenty-One

Candy sat down just next to the opening and pulled something out of her boot. I glanced over at Cheshire, who just shrugged. Candy held up a large knife with the sharpest tip I've ever seen. I smiled and stared at it as she twirled it around her slender fingers. "Where. . . how did you get that?" I asked her.

She smiled and looked down at the guard. "Umm, lets say that a year ago when I had to work in the kitchen, I took it when no one was looking. Ever sense, I've been carrying it around in my boot." she smiled, and took in a deep breath. "I'll try to make this quick." she whispered. 

Candy got ready to jump down about seven feet. She dangled her legs off of the rim of the opening before falling. I watched her land on her feet, and crouched onto her knees. She looked up at the guard, who stared at her. He started to walk towards her. Candy leaped up and darted behind him. He was too slow. Candy took his head and snapped it back. And with a swift move, she slit open his throat with her knife. The crimson blood ran down his neck and onto his once white shirt. Candy let his body fall to the ground. She waved her hand to me. I jumped down and landed awkwardly on my feet. I fell to my feet as pain shot through my ankles. Cheshire leaped down next to me, on hands and knees. He stood up and watched me stand up next to them. Cheshire led us to the gates. "The code is 14795." he told me as he pointed to the electric lock.

I nodded and did as he said. I typed in the order of the numbers. '1, 4, 7, 9, 5.' There was a buzz, and the gates opened slightly. Candy pushed them open. 

Suddenly, there was the sound of running feet behind us. I turned to look, and it was the Boss, and some more guards. I turned back to Candy. "Go! Just go!" I pushed her, which made her stumble slightly. As we ran through the gates, I closed them behind me, and the buzzing stopped, indicating that it was locked. Candy and I were free.

I turned to Candy, and looked around the fields. There was a forest nearby. I pointed to it and started to jog. "There!" I shouted. 

Candy followed me as we sprinted towards the forest. I turned around to see two large guards chasing us. I took Candy's hand, and ran faster. She was slowing down, so I had to push her to her limit. As we reached the forest, I tried to look for a tree to climb. Once I've found one, I looked at Candy, who was heaving. I patted the tree's trunk. "Climb this tree, as far as you can go. Don't make a sound." I told her.

She nodded and did as she was told. I quickly scanned the forest trees, looking for one easy enough for me to climb. I found one some-what nearby Candy's tree. I quickly ran up to it and started climbing. Once I've reached as far up as I could go, I gave Candy the signal to be quiet. 

And then we waited.

----------

A/N: OMQ I never thought I'd write this chapter XD I was so lazy. . . .

Don't forget to comment and vote on my story :3