Chapter 2

"The test is simple." President Chain states as the crowd goes silent. "Here you will begin the journey of going into a placement. Today, you will take part one of the Combat Test. Tomorrow, right away, you will go into the math portion of of the Logic Test. Lets get started."

Every erupts into conversation and starts to stand up.

"Sit down!"

Everyone sit down in about 5.7 seconds.

"Thank you." Chain continues.

Chain is young, so her voice is loud and carries throughout the hall. And she has beautiful brunet hair. She walks so smoothly, too.

Chain pulls out a clipboard out a brown, leather bag, and starts to read. "You will go in by groups. Random groups. In the first group:

Jane Anderson

Matthew Halverson

Hannah Britan

Michael Paterson

Sydney Calverson

Richard Dixson

Anna Lumber

Josh Young

Those people please go to Room AB."

I stand up and give my best friend a fake smile trying hide how scared I am. Jake just looks at me with a cold face.

I turn away, and head toward the door to exit the hall.

I enter Room AB with my fellow peers. A middle-aged man is standing in the middle of what looks like a gymnasium. There are punching bags, something that looks like a dart board, and paintball guns.

"Welcome to part one. I am Hank, and I will be you trainer and test giver." His voice is low.

Hank is buff. He looks like he would rip my head off at any time.

"The first thing that will happen is you will be assigned a partner. Partners are a male with a female and vis-versa, females with males. Everyone will be evaluated and tested separately. We will be in here all day so get comfortable." He pauses to check if we are comprehending. "I will post the lists and your assignments." He hangs up the list on a brown board. "Go!"

I go to see who my partner is. The list goes in order of our names being called.

I am partners with Josh Young. Josh has fluffy black hair. He walks over to me.

"Hey. So I guess we are partners."

"Mhm." I shake my head. My shoe is untied. I bend down to tie it.

"So we start with shooting."

I look up at him, and all I feel is anger inside of me. I look at him in the eye and all I see is that awful night.