Chapter 1 of Untold

JAY!! There he is. I call out to him. Jay! JAY! Come please! Don't be afraid. He says you lied. I told him I didn't mean to. He said lier. Jay don't leave. Jay. Jay! JAY!!

'I woke in horror. I was sweaty and yet, freezing.

Nurse Ursita came running in.

"Captain Lumber are you alright?"

"Yes. Just a nightmare."

"Well, would you like some water or juice? Or maybe even some soda?"

"Lemon Soda please. Thank you."

The past year had been awful. Jay went missing about 9 months prior. Hank said he was taken by the Rush Government, one of our main enemies.

I was transferred to New York about 6 months ago for specific training. I have had intense diets, training, personal fitness, therapy, and tests done. I am drained.

One of the tests went wrong about 2 days ago. I was in a simulator under a special injection. The injection had the wrong amount to water and sugar, which caused everything to go haywire. I saw beams of white light, fluffy, baby bunnies, and rainbows with white shades of white, black, and grey. I was alone and afraid. They tried to get me out of the test run, but the doors had locks that had timers. I was panting. I don't know how I got out because I blacked out.

When I came to, I was in the hospital. I saw nurses, doctors, and people I didn't remember come to my bed side.

I did remember Hank. He was tall. Voice very deep.

"You ok Captain?"

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I tried again. Nothing.

"Can't speak?"

I felt so ashamed. That was my last way to communicate.

Then, a very strange looking man came in the room. I have never seen anyone dressed like that.

"Anna Lumber. You are under arrest."'