four · texts

texts

I had my feet up on my wall watching a video on YouTube from my phone when Lucas texted me. My heart began pounding. I have never clicked so fast on something ever.

Lucas : Kaelynn wasn't lying

Maya : Really? That's the first thing you text me about?

Lucas : Haha. Just clearing the air after that awkward moment

Maya : I suggest we get to know each other better?

Lucas : Sounds great.

Maya : I'm 16

Lucas : 17. I am home schooled.

Maya : Me soon

We spent about two hours learning more and more about each other. At this point I really felt like a normal teenage girl. Then he says something that makes my heart pound even quicker.

Lucas : Maybe we should go out? Not out, but like hang out?

Maya : I'd like that.

Lucas : Maybe we can meet at Topanga's at six?

Maya : Sure. Talk to you then

I put my phone down and my cheeks were hot. I finally feel something. Those dull feelings were gone. Topanga's was where me and Riley would hang out. It was still early so, I headed downstairs to make breakfast.

After eating I sat at the table waiting on my tutor to arrive. I swung my feet and soon I hear a knock on the door. I opened the door and a woman with a British accent greeted me.

  ‟You must be Maya?" She say holding a hand out for me to shake

  ‟Yes." I replied shaking her hand

‟Hi. My name is Lauren and I am your tutor. Is there anywhere to set up?" She asked holding the bag in front of her. 

‟Right over here." I motion for her to enter the dining room as I cleared off the table. She got set up and we started off with Mathematics. At around three, she began packing up. 

  ‟You did well." She said with a smile and I smiled back

‟Thank you." I replied helping her pack up once she was done packing

‟You are a very smart child" She said as I walked her to our front door. My mother said it was polite to do so. It was only 3:56 and I had hours to go so I just decided to sleep. I was awoken when my mom came into my room picking up my laundry basket.

‟Mom?"

‟Sorry sweetie. I did not mean to wake you" She apologized and I looked at the clock, 5:34. I overslept! I got up quickly and she was wondering why I was rushing

‟Maya? What are you doing?" She asked knocking on the bathroom door.

‟I forgot to tell you but, I actually do have a friend, who's willing to meet me and get to know me better!" I say out really quickly

‟Awe. You like someone.." My mom replied in a soothing voice

I'm sure I was blushing. ‟Mom.." I say poking my head from out of the door. She volunteered to drop me off but I insisted she let me walk. She gave in and I just like to hear the crickets and the quieting of cars blaring their horns and just people driving really slow. I made it to Topanga's and I climbed down the stairs and looked into the face of Lucas.

‟Sorry I'm late. I overslept." I say face palming myself and I continued walking down the staircase until I met up with him

‟I thought you stood me up" He replied with a tiny chuckle

‟I'm sorry." I apologized again and we walked back into Topanga's. The minute I walked in the scent of coffee and baked pastries filled my nostrils. ‟In here smells delightful" I say as we sit down.

 ‟I got you a milkshake." He pointed to the strawberry milkshake topped with whip cream and a maraschino cherry on top

    ‟Thank you." I say picking it up and taking a sip. I fixed the cannula in my nose. We began to talk about life and family and then we get to his sister, Kaelynn.

‟Kaelynn is such a blabbermouth." He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair

‟Aren't you glad she was a blabbermouth?" I wondered joking a little

‟Well... pretty sure we just made the best duo ever" He say and we both began chuckling

‟Agreed" I replied and we noticed that it was time for Topanga's to close. It was 9:55.

‟Well I'll see you in support group" I say stepping over my tube

‟Allow me to walk you home.." He suggests and I nodded before we began to walk to my house. It was so quick on the walk home. I walked inside and my phone buzzed.

Lucas : Goodnight Maya.

Maya : Goodnight Lucas. :)

I smiled and headed upstairs