eleven · terms

terms
⟅ m.h ⟆

I really just made up my mind and come to face the fact that I was dying. Whether, I liked it or not. They rolled me back to my room and a few minutes later a doctor had walked in.

‟Your lungs progression are really bad now. You’re going to need a transplant asap if you want it.”

‟What?” I say beginning to cry. I know I am gonna die.

‟I am so sorry.” He said with his head down walking out of the room. I stare at the ceiling will this get any better.

‟Mom? Can you get me some food? I’m starving.” I asked her

‟Sure sweetie.” She says reaching for the keys to her car. My dad just stood there looking at me.

‟I think you should go with her. I’ll be fine.” I tell him and he kissed my forehead. I got a text from Lucas.

Huckleberry : Maya. I have great news!

BlondeBeauty : Yeah? What happened?

Huckleberry : My mom is willing to donate Kaelynn’s lungs and $10,000.

BlondeBeauty : Omg. Lucas. You didn’t have to. I’m so happy. You’re gonna make me cry.

Huckleberry : I’m omw.

Lucas rushed in the door and over to me. I hugged him and I kissed his lips a few times before he wiped the tears from my eyes.

‟My parents are out there talking to someone.” He tells me hugging me again. His parents walked in and pulled him aside.

I thought it was rather rude that they didn’t say something to me first before pulling him away. My parents walked in with food and greeted his parents and Lucas.

‟Hi, Ms. Hart. Mr. Hunter. I was going to donate the lungs of my baby sister to Maya. They waited too late and the lungs can no longer be donated. So, we want to donate, $15,000 to you guys.” He says handing them a check and I bite my lip to keep from crying.

‟Sorry Maya.” He says hugging me again and kissing my cheek ‟I love you.” He whispered in my ear and I mouthed it back before he and his parents left.

I bit my lip and looked over at my parents ‟You should make the page dad.” I said as he looked directly into my eyes

‟Okay. Let’s just pray that we have some generous people.” He says still watching me. I looked down at the ring box he kept in all of his pockets. I am so surprised that he takes it everywhere. He sees me looking and takes that as a cue. I pick my phone up and began to record.

‟Um, okay -” He cleared his throat and I chuckled he got on one knee and my mother looked at him with knitted eyebrows ‟Katy Hart. I met you when Maya was fourteen. I adopted her when she was fifteen and I realized the joy it brought her when she said 'Dad' for the first time; and then I realized I was still missing something. Can you please make me really happy and allow everyone to address you as Mrs. Hunter?” He finished and I was so happy for them. Our family would be complete after the baby was born

‟Yes. Yes. A thousand time yes!” She squealed and I stopped the recording as he placed the ring on her finger. They came over and hugged me.

‟Did you know?” She asked me

‟Of course she did” He answered and we all shared a small laugh