fifteen · surgery

surgery
no one's pov

The doctor's all rushed to Maya's aid. Maya's heart was slowing and they needed to do something quick before she died right there.

The doctors gave her an anesthesia and prepped her for her surgery. When they were rushing Maya to the operating room one doctor stopped to inform Maya's parents that the surgery needed to happen asap.

"Maya's lung collapsed. We need to get this transplant done today. Right now. The surgery takes about six to twelve hours." He said walking into the open elevator

Katy and Shawn sighed and sat down in the waiting room chairs. Katy remembered that Maya wanted Lucas to be here when she woke from surgery. She used Maya's phone to call him.

After being sure everything was in place and having Maya attached to the necessary machines, the doctor applied a numbing agent on the first side and made the first incision on her right side.

After the nine hour long surgery, Doctor Ramirez approached Maya's worried faced parents and boyfriend.

"The surgery was a success. The nurses are moving her back to her room and in about an hour you can go and see her" He says to them and they let out deep sighs each.

"Thank you so much" Shawn added before they both sat back down. A few moments later a nurse called them down the hall. They went and Maya was hooked up to alot of machines. Katy held unto the hand of her daughter and kissed it.

"This is it baby girl. The start of a new life" Katy whispered.

"When will she wake up?" Lucas asked

"She should be up anytime soon. Once the anesthesia wears off, a nurse will assist you with any questions, and if she is in any type of pain" He says exiting the room

⟅ m.h ⟆
My eyes slowly opened and my vision cleared. I notice my parents asleep on the couch and Lucas with his head in his hands. I made a small noise and Lucas realized I was awake.

"Hey.. I'm here for you." He mentioned

"Hello Maya. You're awake. I'm Doctor Dylan. I'll be taking over. I wanna ask you some things. Is that okay?"  She asked. I slowly nod my head

"On a scale of 1 -10, how much pain are you in?" She asked and I held up six fingers.

"Okay." She continued to ask some other questions. "Alright so, I will give you some more medicine and get this in. Don't move around so much.."