twenty - three · angel

1K, omg. I said once I had reached 1K on this I wanted to publish my new story before school opens. So, we'll see how that goes.

angel

It was Lucas' turn to speak at Maya's memorial. He cleared his throat and held a bunch of white and yellow balloons in his hand.

"I knew. She knew. We both knew that our love would be filled with chances. However, it was a chance we were willing to take. I remembered her repeatedly saying over and over how she was tired of taking pills already. I lost my sister and tried to do everything in my power to be sure I didn't lose Maya too" Lucas' voice cracked. "I failed. I love Maya so much and I hope she's feeling way better in heaven. These are for her" He say letting the balloons go. They flew up and soon they were out of sight.

Lucas stepped down and he felt a cool breeze go pass him. He sighed and sat down. Later that day, Lucas was sitting on the couch when a balloon that he hand left over came and float over to him. He held it and stood up as he felt the cool breeze again.

"Maya." He said and the breeze pass him again and he smiled.

epilogue

Five years. It's been five years since Maya passed away. Today marks that five years. Shawn, Lucas, his parents and everyone had came to the grave to visit Maya on her day of remembrance.

"I remember giving birth to my baby girl." Katy says placing her hand on the dirt she had kneeled down in front of. "Twelve long hours." I sighed as tears threatened to fall. Baby girl. I will always miss you. I hope you are living happily in the sky"

"Maya." Amaya said and she made everyone smile. She could finally say her name correctly

"This is not supposed to be a day of sadness" Katy reminded them all so that they would stay strong

"Congratulations. It's a baby girl!" A nurse yelled placing the baby on Katy's stomach

×

"What is her name?" A nurse asked

"Maya Penelope Hart" A tired Katy answered cradling her newborn with the softest features and the prettiest eyes

×

"Come to mommy, Maya!" Katy called for the crawling toddler who had just stood up and walked directly into her arms for the first time

×

"Mama!" Maya called and Katy gasped

"You said your first word!" Katy said sweeping her baby up into her arms.

All the memories came flowing back. Everyone placed their white roses unto the dirt where she was laid to rest.

"Sleep on princess" Shawn whispered as he kneeled down and placed a kiss on her headstone which he had wiped clean.