ten · hospitalized

hospitalized

I woke up around two in the morning not being able to breathe. My oxygen tank was on half. I swung my hand back to hit the wall so that my parents could hear. I bang a few times before laying back the bed and clutching my chest.

‟Mom!” I yelled as they come rushing into my room ‟I can't breathe. I can't breathe” The last sentence came out as a wheeze.

‟Get her in the car” My mom commanded with a yell at my dad. He took the cannula out of my nostrils as he picked me up off the bed and run downstairs.

My mom came down right after with my oxygen tank and mask. She put the mask on my face as they get into the car. I couldn't really breathe. I began to drift.

I woke up in a hospital bed. My head was spinning. My parents stood over me. Once my mom saw that I Was awake she leaned over and placed a kiss on my forehead.

‟What happened?” I asked weakly once I opened my eyes a little bit. My mother gave a sympathetic look before my dad spoke. Before he could get a word out I spoke

‟Am dying aren't I?” I asked with forming tears. They don't answer they just look at me. I began to cry and a doctor walked in.

‟Maya.. I need a scan of your lungs okay?” The doctor asked and I nod ‟I need you to change into this hospital gown” She says handing me a hospital gown and helping me out of the bed. I walked over to the bathroom and changed into the gown.

The doctor came back a few moments later ‟Are you ready?” She asked as she covered the lower half of my body with the white sheets that were on the bed.

‟Yeah” I replied sighing as my parents stood behind me. They couldn't come while I was getting the scan.

l.f ⟆

At around nine in the morning I woke up to three texts from Maya. She told me she was in the hospital. I began to cry. She also said that she was dying and it made me cry. I drove my hand straight through the dry wall. My parents came in

‟Lucas! What are you doing?” My dad asked just as I was in the middle of smashing my mirror

‟Maya is gonna die and it's you guys’ fucking fault” I yelled

‟Lucas!” My mom scolded

‟I don’t care, mom.” I yell and my dad scolds me walking closer to me

‟What has gotten into you” He say pushing me

‟Because of you guys having a selfish heart, you are gonna cost the love of my life die.” I say as I wiped my eyes sitting on my bed ‟Please. Donate Kaelynn’s organs. She would want us to”

My parents stood there and nodded, ‟Okay. We will donate the lungs. Get ready we’re going out” My mom says walking out with her arms folded.