Water (Dong Hyun Kim)

Requested by: MelHelmz

I'm so sorry I missed this! Sorry for the delay Mel ❤️ ***

***

"Damn it" I muttered softly as I remove my handwraps, trying to keep my cool. Not trying to draw attention, wanting to have every 'me' time all closed to myself.

My team talked to each other at the chairs inside my locker room, minding each others business as I continue unwrapping my hands.

"Hey" Julianna, my sister, sat down beside me after she noticed I had troubles taking my tape off. It was probably because my attention was not fully focused on the fact that it's over.

Flashbacks come running back to me as I remember the events play out in my mind, vividly and fresh. Since it was just moments ago, it's no surprise why every punch landed, kick collided, throwdowns thrown and trash talk exchanges was so detailed in my mind.

Just weeks ago I was determined to win that fight, the fight that determines who will get to have a shot at the Bantamweight championship. Everyone was rooting for me- well not everyone okay. But the majority of the fans, my team and even myself, knew I was going to win it.

I didn't.

Pena sisters are known to be one of the rallying siblings in the UFC, the only female siblings as of now in the UFC roster. We're having a good ride at the moment, I haven't exactly hit double digits on my fights but we're definitely going there.

I rolled the wraps up and threw it across the room "It's alright Mel, we're going to win it back" Julianna pulled me to her and gave a kiss on my head, brushing my hair after.

I nodded as I let my head rest on hers, my mood completely rising a bit but my emotions still on its low.

I stood up and unzip my jacket, bidding Julianna a sly, forced smile before releasing a deep sigh "I'm heading out, won't be long"

"Okay, okay" Julianna answered, grabbing my hand first before letting it go. Remaining on her seat as I walk out the locker room, rooming the hallways of the arena as I finally found a spot private enough for me.

Pacing around the small area, I all of a sudden had the anger in me rising up again. And so I let it loose, I let it go.

I punched the wall in front of me and since it wasn't exactly the easiest block for it to crumple, the spot went missing for a tile and a few cracked lines. But other than that, it wasn't as serious as a deep dent.

"Are you okay?" I steady my breathing and slowly turn my head to the left, seeing it was Kim, Dong Hyung Kim who I've also trained with going into this fight.

I nodded slowly as I push my hair back "Yeah, I'm good"

"The wall says something else" Kim started walking towards me as he motioned at the cracked lines "You did well"

"But not enough"

"Nothing's always enough, come take a seat" he said, patting at the crate he was leaning on.

I smiled at him, was supposed to reject the offer but he insisted, in which I gave in and finally took a seat, simple things.

"Thank you" I muttered softly, my eyes darting from my feet to him. Kim was looking at me confused as I said it.

"For what?" he asked, his thick Korean accent coming through as well.

"This time right now, I mean you have a fight later on tonight"

"Don't mind that, really. Little stuff" Kim said, bidding me a smile as well as he followed it with a chuckle. "Mel, I actually want to tell you something"

"No bets this time Korean" I said before he could finish his sentence, referring to the fact that I was betting on my own fight. I, obviously, voted for myself while Korean Kim voted for Korean Ham.

"No, not a bet" he said, the tone more serious now than earlier "This- no jokes Mel. I promise"

I turned my body to him and waited "Okay"

"Say 'me too' first"

"No"

"I like you" he blurted out quickly, not giving me a single second to even realize what he said. He might have seen the memo though
"I like you, Mel"

"I-I do too" I answered, knowing to myself I always had a thing for this specific Korean