Doc (Cody Garbrandt)

Requested by: miyouna_w

I'mma be writing in the fighter's perspective in Two chapters, this would be fun

***

"Baby, you're so sweet" I wrap my arms around Cody's neck and pulled him close to me. He let out a defeated sigh but wrapped his arms on my waist.

"I signed up for this. And that includes-" he looked to the right and I saw what he was talking about, my kids "-them"

I put my finger to his cheek and spun his attention back to me, pecking his lips after "Thank you so much babe, I choose you right" I said and messed his hair up "Now go on, I need to finish cooking dinner before I leave for my shift.

After what I said, Cody nodded and gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving for the living room, where my daughter is currently playing her doll house.

Cody and I met not so long ago, but enough for him to know that I'm a single mother raising a 3 years old daughter. It was the usual ring and ditch incident for me AND my baby back then, that's how I was a single mom.

Cody and my daughter have met but we're still not at the stage where my daughter calls him 'dad' or something, she sees him as mommy's boyfriend and her someone. Cut the long chat, they're still at the first name basis. But props to Cody, he's doing a great job.

I took a bath after preparing the foods, putting on a comfortable dress and heels, then my white coat. I fetched for my ID on the rack behind my door and pinned it on my pocket. Walking down the stairs and saw Cody carrying my daughter.

"Looks delicious" Cody whispered when I got down, earning a smile from me as I pushed him away playfully.

"Alright you Two, let's eat" Cody pulled a chair for my daughter as I walked to the kitchen counter and took the food, placing it in the middle of the table. I prepared the food of my baby and when she settled in, I started to eat mine.

- CODY'S POV -

"Stay safe okay?" After kissing the forehead of my girl, she nodded and knelt down to give a kiss on her daughter- our daughter.

"You Two stay safe as well" she walked out the gates of our house and we watch as she drive off to her sudden call up from work.

If it wasn't for Miyouna being a doctor, we might never met. And at the same time, if she wasn't she would stay here with us and I can look after them 24/7, who knows who might hit on her while I'm not there?

The little kid ran to the living room and proceed to playing with her toys, the tv on for some news.

After I secured the door, I sat down beside her as she continued playing with her toys. A bunch of barbie dolls with a doll house, it was filled with Pinkish and girly stuff. Even a fake makeup on one side, I should keep an eye on that one.

I was watching news and when I looked back at her, she was looking back at me.

"You need anything?"

"Do you really like my mom?" she asked all of a sudden, one of her hand occupied with a Barbie doll in a polka dots dress.

"I love your mom as much as you do"

"You do love her a lot then" she answered, her eyes removed from me and went back to her doll, which she was now brushing her hair.

"I do yeah" she stood up, my eyes not leaving her figure as she move around the place.

She returned seconds later with a photo album, sitting down on my lap, for the first time, and opened it "This was mommy when I she was still 5 months pregnant" she pointed at the picture of her mother sitting down on a chair, casually watching tv.

She flipped the page and continued to explain every picture, from the 6th until 9th month of her pregnancy. After the 9th one, it was a picture of her mom, holding her newly born baby with happiness in her eyes and the sweetest smile on her face "That's me and mom"

The night went on with just the photo album, the last picture being the 2nd birthday party of hers.

She closed the album and looked at me "Your turn"

"My turn? Of what?"

"Tell me about you" I sighed and pulled my phone out, the little kid getting all excited as I open the gallery.

I then showed her my first fight, when I was called to join with TAM, my times at The Ultimate Fighter, me with family, with her mom and when I won my championship. She listened attentively to every story as her eyes glittered and her head nodding up and down.

"That was good..." she trailed off, then her head fell on my chest. I peaked on her and saw she was fast asleep.

I reached for the remote behind me and turn the tv off, turning the lights off as well as I make our way to her room, my arms carrying her gently but securely.

I placed her down on her bed but as I leave, I felt her hands hold mine and her eyes fluttered open "Stay with me" with just those words, this little kid won my heart- and her moms

***

It was hella long before I publish it, soryyyyyyyyy :) ~R