Right Hand (Dominick Cruz)

Requested by ColdBastilleMusic (Oh and also, if you want to read a Dominick Cruz fic, she has one published titled "Two Fighters" which I recommend you to read :)) 

***

"Carly, can you come here for a minute?" 

"I'll be there in a second" I put the phone down and finalize the files in my computer before standing up from my seat, straightening my clothes and walked out to my office to head at Dana's.

I knocked twice and when I heard a 'come in' from the other side, I went inside and closed the door behind me "Hey Carly, can you call the people in this list? Ask them to come here and sign there contract" Dana said, who still has a phone on his ear sandwich between his shoulders.

I took the paper from his hands and saw that it was the line up for UFC 178, which would be headlined by Demetrious Johnson and Chris Cariaso. Dana handed me an envelope and when I opened it, it was the fighters contract "That would be all, thanks Carly"

I nodded and left his office, closing the door behind me, not wanting to disturb him further. 

I walked towards my office and sat down, grabbing my bag and phone then turn my computer off after making sure every document in there is saved.

I leaned back to my chair and counted the names on the list, not entirely minding who they were and their standing. 

That until, I saw the name of my boyfriend who was just recently injured and from his words 'still getting back up' 

I saw the name of Dominick Cruz going against Takeya Mizugaki. 

Without hesitation, I dialed the names on the contract and left Dom out, we're going to have a longer conversation about this. The one that doesn't require time limits but requires heavy privacy.

---

After meeting up with DJ, I waited for Dom on the cafe around the corner as I already ordered a drink for both of us, the contract and the list beside me, making sure it's tuck in very hidden.

15 minutes later, I saw his car pull up and when he walked out, I smiled at him but didn't bother standing up to welcome him as I usual do.

He pulled a seat in front of me and prop his arms on the table "So, is everything alright? I know it's not your time off" Dom said, all chill and calm since he doesn't know what storm is about to hit.

With a smile, I nodded "Yeah, just wanting to check up on you- with your injury and all that" 

He chuckled slightly with my remark "I'm doing great, feels like I can fight already"

"Really?" I asked, my voice in a threatening tone. 

I pulled the files beside me and followed it up with a pen "Do it, maybe even pass it to Dana after" his eyes scanned the papers as I fix my stuff.

Once I stood up to leave, he stood up in a flash and catch up with me "Carly, baby, I'm sorry"

I turn around only to slap him, which made him stop obviously "Let me remind you something Dom, I'm your partner now, I'm half of your life. Whatever you decide, I could take part of it. Especially with THAT kind of stuff" I said and pointed at the files on his paper "You think this won't matter? Not minding what I said? Not telling me what you did? Your decisions? I won't make you choose between that or me, I know how much that means to you-"

"You mean a lot to me"

"-I don't feel it" I stared at his eyes and leave, walking to my car with furious anger before going back home, not surprised to not get a call or text from him the night or day or weeks after.

---

September 27, 2014

Red lips, high heels and hair up, this girl in the mirror is ready to go to a party indeed. 

I walked out the bathroom and met up with a few co-workers at the club, enjoying the after party of UFC 178.

A few of the fighters from that card are already here, enjoying their victories or even just performances except for one man- my now official ex, Dominick Cruz.

I watched as my co-workers enjoyed their time on the dance floor, majority of them even needing assistance to going back to their hotel room.

I turn my back on them and face the counter again, ordering another shot as I down it in one go, feeling the after taste on my throat.

"I'll have what she's saving, even one for the lady" I turned to my right and saw Dominick, speak of the devil alright.

I laughed at his actions as he made his way to me, putting the shot glass down after a drink "Is this your attempt to make me drunk and spill me sorrows on our breakup?"

"Getting you drunk was on the list, but it's not for the sorrows" he answered as I down the drink up.

"What for then?"

"To get you to talk to me"

"Drunk or not I'm always available, Dom." I answered, my voice in a more serious tone "It's you who didn't seem available for a talk" 

"I'm sorry, straight up for being an ass. I know you wouldn't agree but I promise I planned on telling it to you. I just don't have the guts to do it." he said, sincerity laced on his voice.

"Your speech is alright, the place is the one who just seems a little off" I hinted, earning a smile from him.

"Dinner?"

"Dinner"

***

Hey! I'm sorry it took a while, I just finished a few stuff and all. Hope it's alright :)

But just a quick plug in, I have a new book published titled 'Playlist' and it's not exactly a story but instead a collection of songs you can add to your stories or just plainly, your playlist.

Would mean a lot if you guys would check it out, I might even publish another book later on so stay tuned :) ~R