10) the first text

tyler stares at the crumpled, doughnut crumb covered napkin that was given to him days ago, josh's number still written boldly, as he gnaws on his lower lip with crooked teeth.

over the past few days he has developed a list in his mind of multiple things he could say to initiate conversation:

"hello," was the first idea he had, but quickly decided against it when he discovered it's many flaws; it seems too formal for the casual conversing that he's aiming for, plus josh won't even know who it is.

so, he thought of "hey, it's tyler," but josh must know so many tyler's, it's a common name!

debby told him to just say "yo, yo, yo, what's shakin', bacon? it's that hotty tyler from the coffee shop," and tyler quickly declined. but, it definitely gave him an idea.

614 389 537: hi, it's tyler, from the coffee shit last week?

wait, frick i mean shop

coffee shop

that's another dollar in the swear jar ahahahah

sorry

oh god i'm probably being annoying now

stupid typo's

i'll stop. sorry for bothering you, bye.

"oh, dear god, mother mercy, bloody hell, debby!" tyler cries, running to his friend who is sitting in the kitchen.

"kill me," he demands, shoving his head on her shoulder, "cut all my fingers off, destroy my phone, and then let me die a slow and painful death as my finger nubs bleed out all over my favourite shirt,"

debby laughs, "c'mon, it couldn't have been that bad," she shrugs his head off of her shoulder, "what'd you say?"

tyler closes his eyes, "i sent him eight messages of me being an embarrassing little shit,"

seeing the tears welling in his eyes, debby gently takes the phone from him, smiling slightly at his blubbering, but soon frowning at his state.

she sets the phone down, and goes to stand right in front of tyler, grabbing his shoulders lightly so that he's facing her,

"hey, hey," she coos, "you did so well, buddy, don't worry about it too much, alright? you did so well, you acted right on impulse, barely even thinking, eh? that's good; useful when used correctly. you're getting so much better, ty, but we need to make these little slipups, before we can get even better than we already are,"

this calms tyler a significant amount, he always likes when debby says we. it tells his mind that debby is stuck on helping tyler, that he's not alone. i'm not leaving unless you want me to, she said. tyler believes her. he knows she won't leave.

tyler nods, convincing himself that she's right, and he shouldn't worry.

but then his phone pings with a notification, and tyler lets out a scared whine from the high of his throat.

what did the penis say to the condom?

"cover me, i'm going in!"