23) the many improvements

my gums are fine thank you for your concern, but flossing sucks don't listen to your dentist.

doctor megan stevenson works specifically in cognitive behavioural therapy and counselling. she's been working for over ten years in this field, and has had patient after patient enter and exit her office, hopefully exiting a tad more self-aware and comfortable with themselves.

she pulls out the file for her three-o-clock appointment with tyler r. joseph, she gets out her notes and stationary to write new notes, as well as her ipad.

she opens her door halfway, and settles in the seat behind her desk. she presses a button gently on her intercom, "i'm ready for my three o' clock appointment with mister joseph, send him in,"

she soon hears the familiar sound of tyler's soft feet thudding down the hallway, where he stops outside her door and knocks gently on the door frame.

she smiles at him and motions for him to take a seat, and he heads directly where he always sits, the couch near the window.

dr. stevenson grabs her supplies and swiftly moves to the chair across from him, smiling gently at one of her favourite patients.

tyler's case isn't rare, but definitely not common for her to see in this small town of ohio. she, personally, has only met four other patients with aboulomania, and she thinks they worked out just fine, and nearing her third year of speaking with tyler, she can happily say he seems to be improving greatly.

he came to her after several years with other therapists, squirming with nerves and mumbling to his mother that it was a lost cause-- he couldn't be helped.

it took him a while, but once she got him talking, he had a hard time stopping.

he has improved greatly over the years. of course, he has his bad days, but he's been taking his medication regularly and leaving the house more often, and for reasons different from the odd times he goes to her office for a session.

present time, tyler sits comfortably on his hands and smiles brightly at dr. stevenson,

"yes, i've been taking my meds, yes, debby is still awesome, and no, i haven't felt any rapid increase in compulsive thoughts," he informs her.

she laughs lightly, taking note of the playful glint in his eyes that she hasn't seen in a while,

"alright, so i see you're definitely not new to the routine. you seem very," she pauses searching for a word, "buoyant, today," she decides.

tyler nods, closing his lips in attempt to dim his smile, to no avail. his dimples aching from where they've indented themselves in his cheeks.

"me and josh are going on another date!" he bounces.

dr. stevenson chuckles at his absolute giddiness, but feels the overbearing need to tear up at how happy this josh boy is making him.

"oh, your excitement is contagious," she chuckles at his blush, "do you know what you two are going to be doing?" she asks carefully.

when tyler's shoulders droop a little and he bites his lip, she panics a little, before she hears what he has to say,

"a-actually, no, and that's what i'm worried about,"

she takes a note. "alright, let's hear the first three words that-"

"wait, no," he interrupts, "i'm not worried about what he might have planned. i-i'm actually the one planning it,"

dr. stevenson is pleasantly surprised, "that is amazing to hear,"

tyler nods and rubs his hands together nervously, "yeah, i suppose. but i don't know what to do! i don't entirely know what he likes," he stresses.

"well, would it hurt to, maybe, ask him?" she quirks an eyebrow.

he goes to overthink it, when he realizes that no, it wouldn't hurt, but it sure would be embarrassing.

"i can't do that! it'll make him think that i haven't been paying much attention to him when we talk, but-but i have! i hang on his every word, i swear! but i do suppose i haven't really asked him about things he likes to do, y'know, outside of playing video games," he mumbles, suddenly ashamed of himself.

dr. stevenson shakes her head, "that's quite alright, tyler. from what i've been told, up until recently, you haven't met on too casual terms, so the topic mustn't have been juggled around. try not too worry too much about it, and maybe ask a friend of his for their opinion-- you mentioned something about him having a roommate..?"

tyler nods slowly, his smile slowly returning, "trever with an e," he whispers, jumping up "i'll talk to trever!" he announces, running out the door.

dr. stevenson laughs to herself, checking the time and noticing that they still had forty minutes remaining.

"what am i going to do with him?" she mumbles to herself.

she takes a few more notes on some things she noticed through their session. cleaning up, she goes to pack everything away into folders and drawers, before she stops and makes one final note.

ask about trever with an e???

✦ 

why are medium dicks so good?

they can talk to ghosts.