18) the first mess up

it has been about two weeks since josh and tyler's date, and neither have seen each other. they have texted back and forth a few times. the last text was five days ago, and trever has spent the entirety of those five days trying to convince josh to ask tyler on a second date.

trever groans as josh chickens out once again,

"come on! you said he agreed to wanting another date, and you sure as fuck want another date, 'oh, tyler's so cute, tyler's so funny, oh, i wanna suck his dick!'" trever rolls his eyes after imitating josh.

josh stutters, "i-wha-wha- no! i didn't say that!" he whines.

trever rolls his eyes, "okay, you didn't say the last part, but the first part was actually word for word,"

josh blushes and scoffs, turning his attention to his phone, and grinning slightly.

trever is immediately interested, "ooh, are you texting tyler?" he jumps, leaning on the back of the couch to peek at josh's phone.

josh hides it from his view, "no," he denies.

trever scoffs, "yeah, and i'm dating my mother,"

josh looks at him and frowns, "fran could do way better," he shakes his head.

trever glares, "i was saying it because it's not true, and you're texting tyler-- just admit it!"

josh rolls his eyes, showing trever his phone screen, "i'm really not. i'm on tumblr,"

trever furrows his brows, "tumble?"

"tumblr,"

"tumble?"

"tumblr,"

"tumble?"

"jesus fuck, just look at it!" he yells, shoving the phone in trever's hands and immediately realizing his mistake, as trever grins mischievously and sprints to the bathroom, locking himself successfully out of harms way.  

"trever, unlock this door right now!" josh demands from the other side, banging his fists on the door.

trever snorts, "no,"

josh resorts to whining, "please,"

trever sighs wistfully, "you'll thank me later,"

josh frowns, rolling his eyes, "sure. when exactly is later?"

trever grins proudly at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, "when you're getting laid!"

josh breathes deeply through his nose, trying to get lewd thoughts of tyler out of his head, those aren't his intentions with the boy!

"trever, i hope you know that if you send tyler any messages, i will never speak to you again," he warns.

trever doesn't hear the venom behind his words, and continues writing his message.

"too late!" he hums.

josh suddenly remembers, "oh, god, trever! don't ask him any questions!"