❁Chapter 4❁

Chapter 4

"Professor!" Bea beamed, entering the greenhouses mid-afternoon on Saturday, her light brown hair tumbling down her back whilst she sported one of Remus' stolen jumpers that acted like a dress to her. Whilst Remus stole his height from his father, Bea not so, fortunately, got her lack of height from her mother, she was under a foot smaller than Remus, which was hard to believe to most people until they saw them together.

It was almost a habit for Remus to lean his elbow on her head - much to Bea's annoyance.

"Oh, Phoebe!" Professor Sprout gasped, jumping away from the baby mandrakes in their pots which Bea soon rushed to help with, grabbing a pair of earmuffs from the table beside Professor Sprout, "do what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I finished my report on Flutterby Bush," she grinned, rummaging through her bag before bringing out a report on the plant, "I was wondering, of course, if you have the time Professor, I wouldn't want to take away any of your time, but if you could, maybe would you look over it for Monday? I want to get started on Fanged Geranium but wanted to make sure this was alright first."

"Oh yes, of course, don't you worry dear I'll have that marked and ready for Monday morning!" Professor Sprout spoke cheerily, "I actually wanted to talk to you, Bea, thank you actually!"

"Thank me?" Bea repeated, her eyebrows furrowed, soon jerking her hand away from a baby mandrake who had taken to biting her finger, "why, Professor?"

"James Potter has been improving," she grinned, "of course the sessions must continue if he has any chance of passing his O.W.Ls, but at the rate, you are teaching him it seems that he will be able to pass with an outstanding!"

"That's wonderful!" Bea nodded, trying her best to share in the Professors enthusiasm, "I'm glad I could help - it really isn't a bother at all, he's not as bad as I thought he would be."

"Now as a thank you, Phoebe-"

"Oh, Professor, there is no need to thank me," Bea furiously shook her head, watching the Professor wave her off.

"There is a book on Herbology in the library, Phoebe, only thing is - it's in the restricted section," Sprout trailed off, handing Bea a small piece of parchment containing her signature and the name of the book, "I trust you enough to just get this book, Phoebe, I'm sure you will enjoy it very much - it is simply fascinating."

"Oh, I bet!" Bea grinned widely, her excitement bubbling in her stomach at new material to read on the subject, "I'll go there as soon as I can - thank you, Professor, really!"

"Oh, it's not a problem, now it's a lovely day Phoebe, please go out and enjoy yourself, don't let me stop you!" she laughed, bidding Phoebe a goodbye who couldn't help but laugh as she waved herself, watching as Professor Sprout exited the greenhouses at the other side whilst Bea stuffed the piece of parchment into her bag quickly and soon exited the classroom.

"Can you believe the know it all goes to class on a weekend?!" Bea almost froze to her spot when she heard the voice behind her, it was familiar to her, not familiar enough that she was able to identify who it was but when she turned around, she could feel her stomach bubble with nerves at the group of people.

"Can I help you?" asked Bea, trying her best to stop her voice from shaking too much, changing her stance in a best attempt to feign confidence when she was shaking on the inside, she wasn't one for confrontation, nor was she ever one to be mean. She knew if she really wanted to get away then she could easily transform into her animagus but it wasn't that simple, she was unregistered, and well, she was sure none of the group in front of her would make any exceptions to keep her secret.