❁Chapter 40❁

Chapter 40

"Packing on the last day," Bea grumbled angrily as though this wasn't her regular routine and shoved jumper after jumper into her trunk, "leaving in bloody half an hour and nothing is done! Every year, Bea! Every single year you do this and look where it leaves you!"

She was muttering angrily to herself, door open to the Hufflepuff common room that was almost empty except the sound of laughter from the likes of her boyfriend who was waiting for her near the fire. He could hear her shouting at herself even from his seat on the very comfortable couch and annoyingly enough the same restrictions as the Gryffindor tower applied to the Hufflepuff basement.

"I can hear you laughing at me and I'm pissed you arse!" Bea screeched, grabbing her want and attempting a spell that was most likely to backfire. Though she was pleasantly shocked when the clothes sprawled all over the floor floated and folded in the air and nestled into her case with her other belongings like her many books, shoes, accessories and plants that turned the dormitory upside down.

She wondered why her roommates put up with her, she was rather terrible for leaving things where they didn't belong and she really had to bring herself to b more organised though she always forgot to.

"I would help you if I could, babe, you know this!" James called, his hands clasped together in front of him whilst Bea grumbled some very colourful words under her breath, something along the lines of, "help my ass...bloody twat."

"I figured out a spell," she shouted back to him, pulling on the boots she had left out to wear for the train ride, knowing fine well that she would take them off as soon as the train started moving.

"See, I knew you could do it, baby!" James said enthusiastically, and when she didn't reply he shouted a faint, "love you!" which was able to send the smile to her lips.

She charmed her trunk to float behind her, making sure she had absolutely everything she was taking home and looking at the pictures one last time that was taped to her wall and her bedframe, she closed the door behind her with a small smile.

"You know I'm really unhappy that I won't see you for a full month!" she exclaimed, tucking her wand away and pushing herself between the boy's legs, "do you realise how hard that's going to be?"

"Yes, but I'll be counting down the days," he smiled. He pulled on the dress she was wearing so that she was closer to him, his arms resting on the bottom of her back whilst she wrapped her own around his neck, "I'm open to goodbye kisses until we really have to leave each other."

"Well that's really good to know," she smirked, pulling on the back of his neck in order to connect their lips, "you better expect kisses all day."

"I would be really, really sad if I wasn't getting kisses all day," he tutted, pulling her back into him and reconnecting their lips. She hummed when he slipped his tongue into her mouth, one hand leaving his neck to cup his cheek whilst his hand lowered from her bottom back.

"Keep your hands to yourself," she teased as she pulled away, winking at the smirk on his lips and pulling on his hand, "you know it would be great to be able to go to Honeydukes before leaving but we'd spend so much time in there and miss the train."

"I already got you stuff anyway," James shrugged casually, stopping when Bea did just as they exited the common room.

"When?"

"When you were seeing Sprout, the boys and I went to Honeydukes. I got you jelly slugs, of course, chocolate, cauldron cakes and fudge flies for the train, I thought I told you!" he laughed, pulling on her hand so they would continue walking.