❁Chapter 15❁

Chapter 15

"Do you know what puffapods, devil's snare, and dried nettles all have in common?" asked Bea emotionlessly as she sat in the library across from James. she wouldn't talk to him unless they were talking about herbology, and as much as she missed his terrible jokes and his laughter, and well, him, she was far too stubborn to admit it.

"They're all plants that we've covered?" James asked, his eyebrow raised as he watched Bea's eyes lift to him for a few moments.

"Incorrect," she spoke after a few minutes, "well that is correct...but it's not the answer I'm looking for - no, you know what, It's incorrect. Try again."

James took a deep breath as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He hated the fact that she wasn't talking to him when what happened was nowhere near his fault, he was simply just trying to defend himself when Remus came and started shouting down the hospital wing, and what really riled James more was the fact that Remus and Violet had officially started going out.

To say he was angry was an understatement.

It was entirely hypocritical for Remus to think it acceptable for him to date Violet whilst he overreacted with James simply kissing Bea's head. But there was a mountain of knowledge that James didn't know, and until Bea was certain that James and Remus were talking again, she wasn't talking to any of them.

Both boys overreacted in Bea's opinion. She knew James was just confused with the lack of information he had about why Remus was so protective, and Remus definitely overreacted when he stormed into the hospital wing.

Though Bea knew that James had no right to shout that Remus liked Violet without his permission, she knew that the two had finally started going out but that could have gone an entirely different way.

"Aren't they taught in first year?" James trailed off, seeing Bea writing furiously on the parchment in front of her.

"Correct." She shrugged her shoulders after a few moments of silence, her frown still evident on her lips as she ignored the boy who was getting even more frustrated with her.

"Then why are you teaching me them again?" he asked.

"Well you're the one acting like a child," she spoke bitterly when she rose her head, "so you tell me."

"Merlin, Bea," James grumbled, shaking his head with a frown, "are you seriously mad at me for sticking up for myself? He had no right to barge in like that and you know it, so why are you still this mad at me?!"

"Because there's a lot you don't know, James-"

"Yeah everyone keeps telling me that!" he exclaimed, he didn't care that the librarian was shushing him, his eyes where focused on the girl in front of him, "you know, it's funny, cause Sirius told me that too, he said, 'mate there's a lot you don't know,' and he had this look in his eye, it was a look I didn't want to see in anyone's eye when they're talking about you Bea, cause it means you've been through something that is fit for a look like that.

It was hurt, but he was angry too, seething anger as he talked about this thing I don't know.

And I didn't want to think of you going through something that hurt you, but I was hurt too, because I thought that you trusted me-"

"I do trust you!" she gasped, her eyes wide and an accusing look on her face whilst she slammed her hands on the table, "how dare you say that I don't!"

"Oh, you do trust me?" asked James, "then why is it that I seem to be the only one who doesn't know about this hurt that you've been through, huh?"