❁Chapter 13❁

[A/N this chapter contains scenes that some people may feel uncomfortable or might feel harmful reading. Read at your own risk.

It was very, very hard to write this chapter.]

Chapter 13

The small droplets of rain battered the window, caring of nothing, water fell like waves crashing on the shore, trailing down the cold window until it reached the bottom and disappeared from the girls' view. The rain drops matched the tear drops that rolled down her cheek, she was tucked into the comfort of a window seat when she walked down the stairs of the Gryffindor girl's dormitory early after a sleepover with Violet to see Remus reading a letter from her dad.

A letter she didn't receive.

She wished it didn't affect her, wished that her father's evident ignorance of his second child was able to go unnoticed but it was impossible, she was simply incapable of ignoring the hurt she felt, the sadness that ached her heart, it was hard for her not to get emotional because of it.

And with her silent treatment that loomed over Remus and James who she was still mad at, she felt as though she was completely alone. She would always have Violet no matter what, she loved the girl with all of her heart but it was Friday, and the girl was failing charms, and Bea forced her to go because it was much more important than her annoyance.

"Y'know, Remus is worried about you," Bea lifted her head, seeing Sirius leaning against the wall, a half smile on his lips which she forced herself to return, "James is too but the twat won't admit it - but I know something is going on with you two, don't even try to deny it."

"Shouldn't you be in class?" she asked, running a hand through her hair. It was terribly odd for Sirius to see the girl with tear stained cheeks and a frown evidently on her lips, it was the weirdest sight, like it shouldn't be there. She was the nicest, happiest girl to ever roam the halls of Hogwarts, with the hidden bullying she sometimes endured and the constant secret creeping over her shoulder, it was a surprise that she was happy in the first place, but she was, and a frown wasn't welcome on her face, even though it made itself right at home.

"Shouldn't you?" Sirius scoffed, moving closer to her and soon moving her legs so he could sit down, and quickly pulling her legs back over him, a wide grin on his lips directed to her whilst she merely rolled her eyes, returning to looking out at the heavy downpour of rain that was almost allowing the snow to disappear, "so...looking forward to Christmas?"

"Which one of them put you up to this?" asked Bea, finally turning to him once more, her eyebrow raised and a glare that matched his surprised look. He pushed him up, pushing his legs beside her whilst she grumbled under her breath about how much of an annoyance he was. He watched her head fall back onto the window, furiously wiping away her tears whilst he waited for her to talk to him.

"No one," he shook his head, "but when you walk out of the common room with the worst look on your face and don't show up to your first class, it's a bit worrying - and believe it or not Bea, but we're not exactly strangers."

"My dad doesn't like me," it took her almost three minutes to finally say it, to say the words she had never uttered before in her life, because she was absolutely terrified of the fact that her father didn't like her, at all, he blamed her for things that wasn't her fault, and didn't know things that she knew, that Remus knew.

"He hasn't since I was I four," she sighed, "I had just turned four, Remus had yet to turn five-"

"No," Sirius shook his head furiously, "this has to do with that night, doesn't it?"

She nodded silently, the tears burning her cheeks, "I've only told Violet," she mumbled, "but I suppose telling you isn't the worst thing in the world, you might understand why Remus is so protective."