❁Chapter 43❁

Chapter 43

The events of the Lupin house weren't going to destroy Bea's summer, she really wasn't going to allow that to happen. She would be seeing James and the boys soon, Bertie in a few weeks and she had Remus to keep her happy and no matter the pained look on her father's face whenever he was met with the sight of her, she wasn't going to let it bother her.

It was very clear that Lyall wished to apologise to her, very evident that whenever she was in a room and the silence between them was aching, he wished to speak and finally own up to the mistakes she had to live with for so many years.

Currently, she was in the kitchen baking whilst Hope read in the garden and Remus sat at the kitchen counter writing and re-writing a letter addressed to Sirius in which he wished to tell the boy how much he was missing him and how he really felt.

He wished to tell the boy that he loved him.

"Just say, hey Sirius, what's up? Oh yeah fun fact, I love you!" Bea suggested as she stirred flour into the cake mixture she was making. She was an alright baker, learning from her mother who had taught her and Remus when they were younger and it stuck with her, she much preferred decorating the creations she made instead of going through the process of baking everything and then having to clean up afterwards.

But she enjoyed it nonetheless.

"I can't tell the boy I'm in love with oh, guess what I'm in love with you that casually!" Remus exclaimed with a groan, "Bea, what if he doesn't feel the same way?"

"Oh, don't even think about that - Remus, that is impossible!" Bea exclaimed, "Sirius loves you more than he loves his hair, actually he loves you more than he loves anything in this world!"

Remus sighed, running a frustrated hand through his hair, "I don't want it to be completely cheesy...obviously. But I want it to be nice, y'know, something he'll be happy to read."

"You could write that you love chocolate and he'd be happy to read it," Bea chuckled. She sat down the bowl in her hand, making her way over to the second seat available for her to sit at and took the letter from his hand.

Dear Pad,

You know I'm really not good at expressing myself no matter how much you tell me it's alright I wanted to write this in a way to make you happy. I don't know how to tell you how I really feel because when I'm with you it's like a feeling more than happiness, it's complete euphoria.

"Make sure to send a dictionary too," Bea joked, earning a hard nudge from her brother whilst she let out a laugh.

I want to be with you every day, actually, every second of the day and I'm seriously counting down the days until I can kiss you again, and can be with you instead of having to write something like this.

I hate the thought of saying this over a letter but I've waited far too long and I just need for you to know that I am so completely in love with you, really, I can't wait to see you again and I know you're probably going to wind me up for this but right now, I really don't care.

I love you so much, and I always will.

Love, Remus.

"Well that'll certainly be an ego boost," Bea whispered, though her heart had swelled in her chest at how adorable her brother was, and with a pat on his cheek she spoke, "Remus this is a lovely letter, really, I don't know why you would think anything different because it's so cute! Sirius is going to love it, he'll love it so much and it'll just make him look forward to seeing you more than he already wants to. Remus, he loves you, you both love each other and this letter is just going to make Sirius realise just how much you really do love each other and that in itself is amazing."