❁Chapter 30❁

Chapter 30

The bright sun of the summer months rolled in during March allowing the castle grounds to warm up considerably. Bea, James, Remus, Sirius, Peter, Violet and Bertie huddled together near the black lake, with Bea between James' legs with her notes resting on her knees abd Violet's head lying on her shins whilst James whispered answers into Bea' ear and the boys sunbathed near them.

"Why are you so worried about O.W.Ls?" asked Bea, leaning back into James behind her and slightly turning her head to press her lips to his cheek, "you're doing brilliantly I don't think you have gotten a question wrong at all and yet you're still so stressed!"

"I want to do better than I need to," he mumbled quietly, shrugging, "because you taught me more in less than a year than what Sprout has taught me in five and I want to get the highest score so that you know your hard work paid off too."

She smiled softly, cupping his cheek and kissing him, "James, tutoring you brought us closer and without it, I wouldn't have been with you, so regardless of the mark you get on one test I'm just happy I have you and that we are together. You could get the worst mark in the world and I'd still be proud of you because I know you tried your best and that's all you really can do."

"You are so bloody brilliant; do you know that?" James whispered softly, nuzzling his nose into her cheek whilst the smile on her lips widened.

"I think I have been reminded of that fact actually. Maybe once or twice," she joked, a sigh of content leaving her lips, "Right. Studying."

James let out a groan, alerting Bertie in front of them who took off the sunglasses he absolutely didn't need and lifting himself up to stare at them, "excuse me is there any reason as to why I was interrupted?"

"Alright drama queen, go back to your sunbathing, geez." Bea giggled, pushing on Bertie's shoulder, "Comfy there, Vi?"

"Very," the girl mumbled, her book lazily lying on her stomach which she had decided to put down for a couple minutes of rest. She had been up all night with a nightmare she couldn't shake from her thoughts, which resulted in the girl climbing into Bea's bed in the Hufflepuff dormitory when she couldn't shake the fear the dream sent into her head.

She was in hysterics when she turned up to Bea's dorm, crying into the girl's shoulder that she was so alone and she had lost everyone, even her and when Bea finally calmed her down enough to realise it was a dream, Violet could barely breathe. It wasn't surprising for Bea to see Violet so upset, she had turned up to Bea's room with nightmares multiple times during the night and Bea made sure to be there for the girl every night, stroking her hair until she was able to get at least some sleep.

"Are you excited about your birthday, Bea?" asked Sirius as he lay on Remus' chest, allowing the taller boy to run his fingers through the long locks on his head. He was near enough falling asleep as he lay there and he couldn't deny that he had dozed off a couple of times until Remus noticed and leaned down to kiss him.

It always woke him.

"Oh yeah," Bea grinned as she nodded her head excitedly, "finally fifteen! What a big deal am I right?"

"It is a big deal!" Violet exclaimed, "the big one five, a whole new world!"

"Vi, seriously?" Bea giggled, "you're just saying that because you're already fifteen!"

"Well you're going to have to prepare for the big transformation at midnight," Violet teased, earning a few laughs.

"Maybe I'll transform into a princess," she shrugged.

"You already are one," James smirked, attacking her face with kisses whilst the others groaned around them.

"I think it's a big deal, Bea," Peter smiled, "it signifies that you're growing and experiencing more with every new year that comes your way and you're going to continue getting older and wiser!"