❁Chapter 26❁

Chapter 26

"Wha- Vi, what?!" Bea exclaimed, her eyes wide as she pushed herself over to Violet as they both stood in the Gryffindor's dorm room. She wrapped her arms around her tightly, holding her close whilst Vi slowly wrapped her arms around the girl, "please don't tell me this was my fault - oh Vi! Are you okay? Do you need- no we need ice cream and blankets. Am I allowed to hate him even though he's my brother? It doesn't matter I can hate him temporarily!"

"Bebe it's okay!" Violet giggled, pulling on Bea's hand and guiding her over to her bed, "it was something we both realised together and I'm not sad about it. I get why it happened and we just weren't compatible but we're friends still, we just know that we are better off for different people!"

"You haven't called me Bebe in a while," Bea whispered, pulling on Violet so that she would lie down and soon playing with her hair, "dare I say, I actually missed it."

"See I knew you liked it!" Violet exclaimed with a grin, "Remus came to his senses by the way. He's figured out how to stop being a twat actually, I think you two need to talk."

"I think we do too but I'm talking to you right now," Bea mumbled, braiding small parts of the girl's short hair, "you know it's alright to cry, Vi. You pretend like I don't know what you have gone through, like I'm the only one that has been hurt in the world when we both know that's so far from true.

I think we're both a bit messed up. Well, we've got messed up families anyway and for some reason you don't seem to let yourself cry. But I'm your best friend and I love you more than life itself, I'd do anything for you, Vi, and I would never judge you for crying.

You liked Remus a lot, bloody hell you said you loved him, so you can cry as much as you want!"

"I don't need to cry Bea. I promise," Violet giggled, "and if I did then yours would be the first shoulder I would cry on. Actually, I think yours would be the only shoulder I'd cry on."

"And then there's me who would be drowning in a puddle of my own tears," Bea giggled, "I still think we should get ice cream. I mean, it's a good excuse and if we don't get it then I'll just force Remus to go later."

"Please force Remus, I'm much too comfortable to move," Violet hummed, moving to lie her head on Bea's stomach whilst her best friend laughed, "you know I love you so much and if anyone tries to stop you from being happy then they'll have to answer to me."

"Does this mean you're going to fight Remus?" Bea giggled, "I don't think he'd be too keen on it, because you could definitely do a lot of damage."

"No, I won't fight Remus, he's just a big idiot but he means well," Violet chuckled, "but anyone else who tries to will get seriously injured, that goes for Potter too."

"Oh, so it's Potter now?" Bea giggled wildly, "I don't think James would ever hurt me. I think if anyone tried to hurt me he'd be right by your side killing people. But Bertie would be there too, and Sirius and Remus and Peter and that's great.

And maybe I'm still learning to stick up for myself but if anyone in this world ever tried to hurt you, Vi, then I'd be there ready to kill them. I don't care if I was sent away to Azkaban or sentenced to death because I love you more than life itself so life wouldn't be worth it if you weren't here."

Violet would never admit that she liked to pretend that when Bea professed her love for her, or admired her - just as her friend - that she was doing it because she felt the same way as Violet. She would never admit to her heart pounding in her chest, beating wildly, frantically, or the fact that hidden underneath her hair there was a blush to her cheeks.

Or the fact that she was choking on the words she had prepared in her head.

For all of her school life she was used to being this close to Bea, they were the closest friends you could ask for but finally being vocal about her love brought a wave of emotions she begged not to let show.