❁Chapter 8❁

Chapter 8

"So, how do I look?" asked Bea as she twirled in the Gryffindor common room in front of the four boys and Violet who was - not so subtly - standing much closer to Remus than what she was sure was acceptable, he wasn't exactly complaining though, or making any thought to move.

Remus merely groaned at the question, Peter grinned widely with a thumbs up at the girl, James couldn't help but look away, trying to supress his evident jealousy that he wasn't even sure was jealous, and Sirius stood to throw his arm around her, nodding proudly, he spoke, "you look bloody great, Bea."

"Why thank you, Sirius," Bea grinned, soon turning to James who was trying not to stare at her longer than he should, "you better go over the notes I wrote out for you or so help me god, James Potter I wil-"

"Alright, alright," he exclaimed, rolling his eyes, "I'll look over them later, bloody hell."

She took her coat from Violet's hand, smiling widely at the girl who spoke, "you look bloody gorgeous, Bea, but if Bertie so much as tries anything I swear to god-"

"Yes, you will kill him, I'm sure Remus is going to help you," Bea teased, messing up her best friend's hair, "you know I'm not mad at you for being protective Remus, but I would like you to realise that it's just a date."

"I know, but still, he's a boy!"

"I know," she laughed, nodding, "but it's not like it's anything other than a date, just two people hanging out!"

"That like each other," he grumbled.

"I fancy him a bit, Remus because he's nice but that's it, okay?" she scoffed, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug, "James meet me in the library tonight, yeah?"

"Yeah, I'll bring my transfigurations notes," he nodded, forcing a smile for the girl who beamed at him, bidding them all a quick goodbye before exciting the common room.

"Alright James?" asked Peter, falling onto the arm chair, it didn't take a genius to know that James was jealous, whether he knew he was or not, the redness of his face didn't go unnoticed.

"Yeah, I think that's the least amount of words I've ever heard you talk," Violet teased, taking a seat on one of the couches beside Remus, who smiled at the girl.

Sirius scoffed at her words, nodding his head he spoke, "he's just jealous that he's not the one going out with Bea."

"Oh, piss off, Sirius," James scoffed, "I don't like Bumble like that - obviously, I fancy Evans."

"When was the last time you actually even tried to talk to Lily?" asked Peter, his eyebrow raised whilst sharing a look with Violet who was smirking widely, "dunno James, doesn't seem like you not to wind her up with every chance you get."

"I just feel sorry for poor Bea," Sirius tutted teasingly.

Violet's eyes trailed to Remus who looked particularly red in the face at the very thought of Bea and James together, almost jumping when he felt a hand on his shoulder, "you're all gonna give the poor boy a heart attack!" Violet scoffed, winking at Remus who hadn't actually noticed just how gorgeous the girl actually was.

His eyes lingered on her for a few moments, finally, and reluctantly pulling away and back to the boys who seemed more invested in an argument about when James was going to stop being a big wuss and tell Bea how he really feels.

"The only thing I feel for Bumble - nothing! I don't feel anything for Bumble!" James exclaimed, shaking his head, "now if you excuse me, I'm going to take a walk."

"You know I don't think it'll work out between them," Violet quickly spoke, watching James steps falter, "I'm not saying you like Bebe or anything like that and it's just an observation, and maybe to ease Remus' anger, but I don't think anything will happen."