❁Chapter 21❁

Chapter 21

The Christmas break for Bea was already the best she ever had after three days of spending it at James' with him and Sirius. Sirius wouldn't give the two a break, pulling them along for adventures and making sure the two boys were giving Bea the best Christmas she could possibly hope for and they were very much achieving it.

Last night the three got in so late that Euphemia had started to pace the living room wondering when they would return, and when they did show up the two boys got an earful whilst the woman made sure to reassure Bea that it wasn't her fault in the slightest.

That wasn't entirely true.

In fact, James seemed to be the only responsible one surprisingly when the three had stumbled upon a party in some club in a town over. It was a Christmas party for a group of people who had rented out the venue for their friends and family, but it wasn't hard to sneak in and seem to be a part of the group.

Being half-blood gave Bea the advantage of knowing how to talk to muggles without looking entirely out of place, and as she batted her eyes at the teenage bouncer a few years older than her, a small smile on her lips and repeating how they had stupidly forgotten to confirm that they were going, he finally let them in.

Though James was a bit pissed at her blatant flirting, and when she made sure to reassure him that it was all part of the act, he still wasn't at all convinced. Of course, that was until she pulled him into an isolated corner and made sure he knew perfectly well that it was most certainly part of the act.

Getting home later than usual meant that the three were terribly tired, leaving early in the morning and returning late at night all clearly exhausted meant that falling into bed was the easiest part of their day, and when Euphemia found them in the morning she couldn't help her laughter at the three all piled into James' bed.

Bea had found herself in the middle of the two boys, her hair sprawled out around her and covering Sirius' face in the process. James had a protective arm around her waist, pulling her into him as much as possible with his face buried into the crook of her name whilst her head leaned on his in a slightly awkward position.

She looked comfortable regardless.

Her arm was lazily around Sirius' stomach whose arm was thrown over her face as he slept. His lips where parted and soft snores erupted from his mouth, though not loud enough to wake his sleeping best friends beside him.

It seemed as though Euphemia was able to wake Bea with her laughter when the girl's eyes fluttered open when she heard the sound in her sleep. A yawn escaped her lips followed by a groan as she pushed Sirius' arm off her, running a sleepy hand through her hair and attempting to sit up in the bed with James' arm around her so tightly.

"Morning!" Euphemia laughed softly, her voice quiet so that she wouldn't wake the two boys and soon her smile widened when Bea's eyes drifted to her, brightening the girl's mood with a smile of her own.

Bea had grown greatly fond of James' parents. They were so terribly lovely that any thought of the bad in her life had slipped from her mind enough for her to enjoy her Christmas break with two of her favourite people.

James had told her that his mother absoloutely adored her, as did his father. They had asked a few times as to why Bea wasn't fond of going home at Christmas with her brother but whilst keeping the excuse as minimal as possible, James had finally rid the conversation completely.

As a mother, Euphemia knew there was something wrong with Bea's home life and without even knowing what she had made a vow like many others had to protect the girl whilst she was under her roof. Bea was the sweetest girl she had ever met and the fact that she made James as happy as she did, made both the Potters love her even more than they did already.