❁Chapter 45❁

Chapter 45

She was numb.

The pain had subsided but the blood poured out of her and her eyes were drooping closed. Lyall thought he would be able to save her, he had a glimmer of hope in his eyes, and a Hope Lupin slamming the door so hard as she fell into the room with her oldest just behind her.

"No, Bea, no, no, no!" he screamed. His knees were weak and she was dazed but he fell onto the bed and clutched her so tightly that for a second she thought that the wound might close up and she would be okay, but she wasn't okay.

She was so far from okay that her body was growing frailer and weaker by the second.

"Come on, Bea, just keep your eyes open, yeah?" his voice was shaky and hoarse and the tears were instant and for a second she laughed whilst he kissed his head and he tapped her face and slapped her cheek but she didn't feel any of it, she was so small.

"I-I love you so much, Remus. You are the best broth-" she coughed on the blood rising in her throat, tears stinging the sensitive area of her cheeks and an ache in her heart at her brother's face, "the best...brother...the best friend I ever had."

"You are not dying on me, Phoebe Lupin, I won't let you - I won't let you die!" Remus shouted sternly, though the pain and ache in his voice was enough for her to know that he wasn't angry, he was just scared - no, he was terrified - Petrified! He never ever thought he would have to go through this situation.

"Save her!" he screeched, eyes on his father who was comforting Hope, but they knew that the one person who had to talk to her within her last minutes of consciousness was their son who was there for her when the two standing over them weren't, "YOU OWE HER THAT! CAST A SPELL - DO...DO A CHARM!"

"Sh-She has lost too much blood, Remus," Lyall spoke in a hushed whisper because anything above it was too painful, "ther- there is nothing I can do."

That sent another sob out of Hope's mouth and she fell to her knees in front of her daughter, caressing her cheek and holding her hand tightly in hopes that she would be able to allow her last moments to be good ones surrounded by the people she loved.

But even her mother knew that the people she loved most in this world weren't her and her husband, but her closest friends at school...and of course, Remus.

"Tell - te...tell Violet I love her," Bea choked out, her hand aching as she stroked Remus' cheek and a cough escaping with splutters of blood, "I'm - I'm not mad at her. P-please, tell her that. T-tell Sirius too, that I-I love him, and Peter, and Lily too.

Tell Bertie that I-I will always be his best friend, he will- will always h-have me to talk to," she leaned her head on Remus' chest. In her dying moments, she had no care for pain, she couldn't let this stop her from making sure all she loved knew she loved them.

She didn't want to die, she never wanted to leave behind those that she loved and she wanted to live her life to the fullest. She wanted to travel the world with James and wed him on the beach in a foreign land. She wanted to have a family with him where they could play Quidditch in the garden filled with exotic planets and wonderfully coloured flowers that she could tend to every day.

She wanted to be successful in life, she wanted to make her mark and be the girl that had so many loved ones. She wanted to be a mother and a wife and be the best person she could be.

She wanted to make her mark in the world, but instead, Fenrir made his mark on her.

"Ple-please," she sobbed, "please tell James...tell him I'm so in love with him."

"I will Bea, I promise," Remus was sobbing, holding her head and kissing her forehead, still whispering his protests of goodbye, "I love...I love you so much, Bea."