❁Chapter 20❁

Chapter 20

"I need to find Bertie," Bea spoke, standing close to James as they exited onto the busy platform. She was leaning into him so that she wouldn't lose him and the anger that Remus felt about them was clear from her mind, she couldn't care less really what he thought. As much as she loved her brother so very much it felt as though he had no regards to her happiness and she had finally accepted it no matter how sad it made her feel. She hoped that one day he'd finally realise that she had grown up and wasn't the child who needed him anymore.

"I need to find the boys anyway, they've broke away," James chuckled, patting Remus behind him who he hadn't lost but still he kept an eye out for Peter and Sirius, not exactly sure where the two had left to.

"Right. Well, I'm going to find him but I'll meet you in five minutes!" she grinned, patting his shoulder and pushing herself into the crowd of people. It seemed that even though she was terribly small that the crowd was getting rowdier, families meeting and friends bidding each other goodbyes whilst Bea tried her best to get through and also navigate Bertie at the same time.

"Bea!" her head lifted at the sound of Bertie's familiar voice, her smile widening and finally did she stumble out of the crowd and to him, throwing her arms around him tightly whilst he merely laughed at her, "so James then?!"

"Bertie can I ask what that look is for?" she asked, her eyes narrowed to slits though the smile was still wide on her face whilst he merely shrugged, nudging her slightly.

"You know exactly what this look is for, Phoebe Lupin." He patted her head, whilst she tried her best to push him away, "so I except my invitation to come soon but I know the mail can sometimes mix up letters so don't worry if you want to give me it in person, I completely und-"

"Invitation?" she cut him off, her eyebrow raised and her hands resting on her waist. She was trying her best not to get trampled from excited first years seeing their families again, or friends who were crying around her trying to keep their emotions at bay, knowing that they'd see their friends soon but sobbing regardless of it.

"For your wedding, bloody hell Bea keep up, will you?!" Bertie smirked, earning a loud groan from Bea who merely pushed his arm, knowing that part of her and James keeping quiet about their relationship was because of the endless teasing. She knew she'd tell Bertie at some point, seeing as she had told Sirius

"I'm going to kill you one of these days, Bertie, I swear," she grumbled, her head falling onto his chest whilst his laughter rang through the station, "if I were ever to marry James then you would obviously be a bridesmaid. Vi of course would be my maid of ho-"

She cut herself off, her eyebrows knitted together and her face falling at the words she didn't realise had left her lips until it was too late, because by the looks of how their relationship was, her and Violet wouldn't be friends at all. She hoped it was all just teenage drama and as much as she hated the fact that Violet and Remus where being entirely hypocritical, she just wanted her best friend and her brother back as quickly as possible, though she didn't know when that would be.

She just hoped that it would be soon.

"Bea, you and Violet are best friends and if you were ever to marry James in your life then I'm positive that she would be there and that she would be your maid of honour and I'd be your dashing bridesmaid and everything would be great for your special day." Her eyes lifted to see the amused smile on Bertie's face and realised how stupid it sounded to be getting sad over a non-existent wedding between her and her secret boyfriend that wouldn't ever happen unless they were much older.

"Oh merlin," she whispered, "I can't believe how dramatic I'm being!"

"You're just going through something bad, Bea. You can't help what Violet and Remus think but you can try and sort it, or you can wait for them to try but bloody hell Remus is your brother. He's going to realise that you're growing up and he's going to beg for your forgiveness!" Bertie grinned, patting her head whilst she merely laughed. She wrapped her arms around him once more tightly, whilst he did the same.