❁Chapter 44❁

[A/N this chapter contains hurtful/triggering writing of rape, blood, and violence so please don't read this chapter if this will affect you, or make you uncomfortable.]

Chapter 44

"That's it," Bea announced, forcefully pushing herself off of a half-asleep Remus beside her, the blanket that covered them both tumbling to the ground whilst Remus lifted himself up, entirely confused about what was happening around him. he had missed the ending of their last film because of his state, asleep and dreaming about Sirius, though he wouldn't tell Bea next to him or she wouldn't hesitate to kill him instantly, "I'm off to bed, I'm far too tired."

She couldn't deny that she was slightly scared from the horror film that had played since they had run out of Disney films they wished to watch. It was about a boy haunted by his dead girlfriend, it was entirely odd and very scary, to say the least, especially her death scene, it sent chills up the fifteen-year-old girl's back.

"Oh no," Remus whined, throwing his arm around her so that she couldn't move, "come on, one more film!"

"Remus, you fell asleep!" she exclaimed, a laugh tumbling from her lips, it was nearing midnight but the time wasn't an issue to the Lupin family, especially during summer. Bea's parents were out in the garden, soaking up the breeze of the night whilst considering heading to bed when Hope couldn't help but yawn for the fifth time.

"I'm fine, Bea," he laughed, waving her off and soon grumbling in protest when she pushed herself up, "I don't want to go to bed, Bea, it's not even late!"

"It's almost midnight," she chuckled, "if you go to sleep it's one day closer to Sirius coming!"

"Is that a pun?" he asked, his eyebrow raised and a wide smirk decorated his lips as he watched her process his words. Her head tilted ever so slightly in her tired state, wondering how the words could possibly be a pun before-

"Remus John Lupin, you are vile!" she screeched, clasping her hands over her ears, furiously shaking her head whilst Remus doubled over with laughter. Her eyes narrowed to slits at the boy on the couch, waiting for him to sober up before she spoke, "I just can't wait for James to get here."

"Phoebe Lupin you get back here right now!" Remus screeched whilst her laugh filled the hallway, "Phoe-"

"Goodnight Remus!" she called, "love you!"

"Love you, Bea, see you tomorrow- oh wait!" he called, pushing himself up quickly and rushing after her, "I was thinking we could go into town tomorrow, maybe make up a picnic to take with us, we barely go into town!"

"Yes!" Bea nodded excitedly, clapping her hands together whilst Remus grinned widely, "bonding time with my favourite brother-"

"I'm your only brother," he scoffed, shaking his head before following her up to the landing of the second floor, "y'know we could take some parchment with us and you can finally start that letter to James."

"I just don't know what to say, how do you even write 'I miss you more than I've ever missed anything in my entire life and I'm so in love-"

"You're in love with him?" asked Remus, catching her off guard. She lifted her head to stare at his shocked face, Remus knew that Bea and James very much loved each other but he didn't even think of the possibility that she was truly in love with him.

"Well yeah," she whispered, her cheeks tinged red, "I mean- I've never felt like this before, I've fancied people and I've kissed other people but it's so different, I mean - it's James! I barely talked to him at all before this year, course the whole Bumble thing annoyed me before but now I can't help but love it.