❁Chapter 39❁

Chapter 39

It was hard for James to fully comprehend much that Bea was actually his, it was kind of as though he was living in a dream and that it was next to impossible that Bea actually loved him as much as he loved her, but she did. She loved him more than what she thought possible, loved him more than she ever thought she would love anyone and even though her world was hurting, he managed to make her feel happy, to forget that she didn't have her best friend, for just a few moments in order for her to relax.

She was sitting on his lap in the common room of the Gryffindor tower, all surrounded by their friends as Bertie told them how Killian finally asked him to be his boyfriend and Killian tightly kept hold of the boy's hand whilst Bea's heart swelled at the sight. Bertie deserved someone who was falling in love with him, and she knew that he found that in Killian, it was always lovely that the two had each other.

She was laughing as she sat on James, absentmindedly trailing her fingertips over the skin near his neck just to feel him beneath her, to touch him and know he was there, and he was basking in his time spent just staring at her, a small smile almost permanently on his lips and his eyes filled with adoration.

He leaned forward in his seat, pressing his lips to her cheek for a lingering moment and smiling wider than before when she stopped what she was doing in order to turn to him, giving him her full attention and also a smile that made his heart race wildly in his chest.

"What was that for?" she asked, a hum leaving her lips when he mimicked his previous actions, though this time on her mouth.

He merely shrugged though attempted to pull her closer to him but it was barely possible, she was so close to him that his breath fanned her skin and his glasses almost nudged her face if she moved, "I'm just so lucky," he whispered in her ear, kissing the skin of her earlobe and trying his best to nibble at it whilst she squirmed and laughed.

She flipped the page of the book resting on her leg, though she wasn't paying much attention to it with James wanting her full attention and her wanting to give him it, "to have you, bloody hell, I'm the luckiest boy in the world."

She smiled, shifting her body so that she could comfortably stare at him and slowly pressed her lips to his own. His hand snaked around to the back of her neck so that she wouldn't pull away but that very thought was so far from her mind until their friends started protesting around them.

"Can you two maybe...get a room?!" Peter groaned, making a noise as though he was being sick whilst the couple rolled their eyes and Bea threw a pillow at him, "Public displays of affection are only cute for the participants."

"Yeah, and I think it's about time you found someone to participate with you," Bea teased, earning a glare from the boy leaning with his legs over the armchair.

"Girls are lining up to date me, it's just picking which one," Peter teased, earning a loud scoff from Sirius who was then thrown a glare.

"The only girls lining up in front of you Pete are the ones trying to get to Sirius," Remus joked, earning a look from Bea.

"That was just mean!" Bea exclaimed, though it was obvious even to Peter who was holding in his own laughter and trying to look offended, that she was dying to laugh.

"He knows I'm joking," Remus grinned, nudging on Peter's head who pushed the boy's leg away, "Wormy just needs to realise that if he wants to go about snogging people he needs to talk to them first."

"Oh yeah did that work for you when you fancied Sirius?" Bea asked eyebrow raised whilst her brother merely glared.

Sirius reached for Remus' hand, his legs sprawled over the taller boy and his head on his shoulder and spoke, "Remus didn't need to talk to me, it was a mutual discussion."