Chapter Fourteen- Shot For Me

| Chapter Fourteen |

|| Anthony's P-O-V ||

I walked into the prison building. I came to see Jamie, for the first time. I would have come earlier, but the anger was still fresh on my mind when it happened. He just had to keep going with that shit, he could've got out when I did. I was out the game, well, I was about as out as out is in the streets. He had the opportunity, but this was the lifestyle he chose.

I took my watch and my belt off, put them in the bin on the table along with my wallet and phone. I walked through the metal detecting machine, it didn't make a sound. The security guy patted me down for weapons and sent me on my way. I went to check in and told them I was there to see Jamie Smith. The lady directed me to the seating area as I waited for Jamie.

After a while, he appeared with two guards holding him. He was handcuffed, and he wasn't smiling at all. Usually whenever I saw him he would have some kind of stupid grin on his face, but right now he  looked like he was mad at the world.

The guards pushed him and he threw daggers at them as he sat down. One held his hand up indicating we had 5 minutes.

"Sup?" he said, his tone was cold-hearted, which annoyed me. Why the hell you mad? You did this to yourself, don't come here mean mugging me.

"Sup." I responded.

"Did Tee tell you?" he asked. I didn't know what he was talking about.

I shook my head. "Nah, what she supposed to be telling me?"

"You made a mistake, and they want revenge." He said briefly. That's when it hit me. The killing of Autumn's father, he was the leader.

"East?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "And south, they comin'."

The guard held up 2 fingers, letting me know we ain't have too much time left.

This shit is fucked up. "Shit."

"Yeah, you fucked up. You better watch your girl. They gonna come for her first. Best thing for you to do is leave, unless you think you can fight them off. Boss, said he trying, but we got two sides against us. We ain't got no other choice but to join up with North side. They close and we can tolerate them. Aye, I gotta go. Handle this shit man." He said as he got up and the guards grabbed him, walking him back to where they held the prisoners.

What the hell was I supposed to do? I'm an expert when it come to killing and East and South together was still pretty small compared to East alone. One thing I'm not about to do is flee. Smith's don't flee, we stay and fight.

They chose a fine time to start shit. They had a whole year and then some to do whatever they had to do. I had a feeling they wasn't going to do shit anyway. They always been like that, they ain't nothing but some stoners and wannabes. They didn't make plans, they didn't have structure or discipline when it came to the game. I know, I seen it all, they'll kill they own Boss just to be at the top and think they ain't gotta do shit when they get there, but one thing my father told me was to never underestimate your enemy. Anything can happen.

I got back in my car and drove for a while to clear my head. In the most of thinking, Autumn came up. It wasn't a doubt in my mind that she was going to get pregnant. We did a lot of things without protection, and a nigga didn't pull out not once. I'm excited about it, but I know she may not be. I don't have to go through the pain, but I was going to be there. The things that happened, happened for a reason. All things would be well.

I'm even looking forward to the mood swings, huge appetites, and weird food cravings. I just hope none of them wannabe niggas from East or West side come and fuck with my future wife and child. You don't mess with 3 things my pride, money, and family. Everybody know it ain't nothing to cut a bitch off, I like to kill. Correction. I love to kill. Pain excites me, blood intrigues me, and life ignites me. The only way I would die if age overtook me, other than that, death would be by hands only.