Chapter Twenty-Six: Sweet Sixteen

| Chapter Twenty-Six |

|| Kimberly's P-O-V ||

  I sit in the chair as Autumn does my make-up. The day I had been waiting on my entire life is finally here; my sweet sixteen. I would have never thought I'd make it. Shoot, I thought I would never celebrate my birthday.

  Although, I can't help but feel like something bad is about to happen to me and the people that surround me. I can't really explain the feeling, it's just there, you know? Lately I've really been deciding on whether or not I should have sex with Trey.

  I mean I want it, I really do. I've came over a lot of obstacles because of him. He's been my first for everything else, why not this? I am at the age of consent, but I still feel like I should wait. Then there's the possibility of me getting pregnant. That's not going to float well with Anthony, who has been up on my case for a while now.

  I'm just so torn at the moment. Maybe I should just go with the flow, after all this was my party. I deserve to have some fun.

Autumn spent another five minutes on my face. I was seriously scared to look. I never had wore makeup before, and didn't know how my face would look if I had it on.

  She spun me around and I almost didn't recognize myself. I examined my face, she hadn't did as much as I thought she did. I had this natural look of sophistication and boldness that wasn't there before. I looked way older than I felt; on the inside I still feel like a 14 year-old like I never grew up from my last birthday. In the mirror I didn't see a scared 14 year-old I saw a young lady who looked as if she had just overcame  something that was the main thing holding her back. I saw the real Kimberly Smith.

   The Kimberly Smith that belonged in this house, that belonged to this family, that belonged to this amazing guy that showed her things she didn't even know were possible. I saw me.

  I smiled at myself in the mirror, before thanking Autumn and leaving with a new prospective. I walked back into my bathroom and looked at the dress that hung on the wall. It was a long, plush pink gown with a sweetheart neckline. Of course I hadn't picked it out, it was all Autumn's doing. All I did was try it on and before I could even look at myself she squealed in excitement and told me to take it off. She then purchased it, all cash, no credit.

I give her outmost respect, yet, I barely know anything about her. We never really bonded, except when she took me shopping the other week. We had talked about everything, but we both left out the parts of our past. I guess we'll talk about it another time.

|| Anthony's P-O-V ||

   "Nigga, what?" I yelled into the receiver. "Wait, wait, wait,...so you got the message. How the hell did you get message? They came where, on who block? Hold on I'm on my way. Y'all niggas chose a fine day to fuck with me." I said into the receiver before hanging up.

I walk into the bedroom to find Autumn on the phone. I sat on the bed not wanting to be disrespectful.

She hadn't said a word just "Uh huh." or "Okay". I could hear the annoyance in her voice.

"Tonight isn't a good time either." she said. I looked over confusingly. Who is she on the phone with? She motioned for me to pick Ashely up and take her out the room. That meant she was about to start saying some inappropriate things.

  I chuckled and grabbed Ash out of her play pen that sat in the corner of the room. I had things to do, but family is always first. I walked Ash into the living room and sat her on the floor.

  A lot of things were going on today. This whole party thing had everybody busy.

  After a minute or two, Autumn came into the living room.