Chapter Twenty-Four: Ashley's First Birthday

| Chapter Twenty-Four |

|| Autumn's P-O-V ||

   I am currently 8 months pregnant and I swear I don't want ever do this shit again. It looks like I'm about to give birth to a beach ball.

  Some crazy shit happened in my life y'all. Them nigga tried to shoot me. This the kind of shit I go through fooling around with Anthony. My life has been threatened more than once on several occasions, but it's alright; I'm down for the count. Even though my situation right now I can't do much, but I'm still here, right by his side being as faithful and loyal as before.

  I love Anthony with everything within me. I would do anything and everything for him. No matter if he fucks up, like he did recently, I'll still and always will love him. That's just how shit works out. Of course there will be arguments and fights, but that's expected.

  But that's enough of that. Guess what today is? Ashley's first birthday! Time has really passed. She even talks a little now, but only a few words here and there. She is just adorable. My only problem is, what is she going to call me and Anthony? Mommy and Daddy? Autumn and Anthony? I don't want to be disrespectful, you know?

I walk out of the bedroom in my robe. Today was a Saturday, everyone was home and I could smell breakfast being cooked. I could already hear Anthony singing in the kitchen as I approach the dining room.

I walked into the kitchen and leaned on the countertop. "What are you doing?" I said laughing.

He jumped up in surprise as he flipped the pancakes. "Oh, hey baby!"

"Hey..." I chuckled. "What you burning in here?"

"Don't play me like that, I can cook." he grinned.

"Shiiit, remember the last time you fried that chicken?" I asked cracking up so hard I swear the babies were laughing. One day he was frying chicken and damn near burned the house down. That shit was extra crispy, and he ate it by himself. Nigga was running around screaming, "Oh Lord Jesus my chickens on fire, I ran for my life." , all I did was laugh.

"Whatever, it was well done." he explained, sticking his tongue out.

At that time Ash walked into the room, almost falling on her face. She was so cute.

"Hey Ashy!! Happy Birthday!!" I said picking her up and tickling her causing her to laugh.

Kimberly then walked into the kitchen with her hair all over her head. Everybody just burst into laughter as she yawned.

"Girl, you okay? Looks like you had a rough night." I said as Ant took Ash out of my arms so I could rest.

"I did." she said briefly, "Morning."

"Morning," we responded back.

"Breakfast is ready." Anthony said going to the fridge to get Ash's juice and baby food. I went and sat down at the table, if he thought I was about to fix my own plate, he had another thing coming.

He walked into the dining room and put Ash in her booster seat. He looked at me and disappeared back into the kitchen.

   After a while Kim walked in, her hair now in better shape. She had a plate in her hand loaded with pancakes and bacon. She sat down and began to eat.

  I just sat there and waited on Anthony to return. I needed to talk to him about something important. Later we're throwing Ash a little at home party. It's not going to be a whole big party that she won't even remember. It's just going to be me, Ant, Kim, Trey, and some other people. That's all. The last thing we wanted was for her grandparents to show up.