Prologue

HEY EVERYONE!

SO THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A WEREWOLF NOVEL. I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT.

PLEASE DO COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS.

ENJOY!

*************

PROLOGUE

The wind was howling outside. The little wooden cottage, just on the coast of the Blue Moon Pack's territory, shook. Inside sat a lady. Clad in white worn-out gown and a flimsy sweater to shield her from the cold. In her lap lay her world. With tiny fingers wrapped around her mother's clothes, the little white bundle was cocooned in the warmth of the woman's lap.

"You know you have to do it."

The woman looked up from her daughter, to see the only friend she trusted, who was there for her through all the hardships she had gone through.

"I know." She answered back. Her voice nothing above a whisper, "But......but, I'm......... "

"You're scared. I know you are. But it's going to be okay. I'll take care of her, I promise. I will raise her as my own."

The woman stared down at her sleeping baby. Letting only a few tears fall, watching them land on the infant's forehead.

"I will always love you, Ariana. My beautiful little angel. Always."

She looked at her friend, noticing the silent tears running down her face. She took a deep fortifying breath and declared, "I don't want her to know about me."

Her friend's bottom lip trembled as she visibly held back a sob but she nodded, "I understand."

Then she handed her daughter to her friend, kissing the baby's forehead one final time and walked out of the cottage, into the raging storm and out of their lives.