The Door The Twins Opened

Three boys sat down as the one in the middle had the other two's hand in their lap as a girl walked over, "okay Which one is Hikaru, and which one is Kaoru? Can you tell?"

"You're Hikaru-kun." Some snow fell as The red haired little boy looked down.

We were always three, yet one.

The two of them were a single, unique being.

This was very important.

Eight years later:

Hikaru and Kaoru's 2nd year of middle school.

But we were separate beings. The one that wasn't me was Hikaru, and the one that wasn't Hikaru was me.

The two were sitting down staring out the window, for us this was something that was...  Kaoru had moved. "she's here."

"Yeah you're right." They noticed a small girl excitedly standing there.

"Sorry, I must have kept you waiting. I read your letter."

"Hikaru-kun..."

"No, I am sorry, but I am Kaoru." The girl looked shocked, "you must have mistaken my desk for Hikaru's when you put the letter in it." The girl looked embarrassed.

"Even so, would you mind if it was me? The truth is, I've always thought that you were cute. And Hikaru seems to have another girl that he likes. Well, would you mind?" The girl blushed, "um, I... if I'm okay for you, Kaoru-kun..." He smirked, "hey, Kaoru! She says that she'd be fine with you." The girl looked shocked as Kaoru walked from behind a plant, "you're really Hikaru-kun?"

"That was no fun. I'm getting tired of this same old pattern."

"How mean of you! How mean of you!" Hikaru turned to the girl, who was on the verge tears.

"You're the one who's mean, aren't you? You're okay with either one of us? Who do you think you are?" Kaoru now spoke, "another thing, that hairstyle doesn't look good on you. If you want us to go out with you, brush up on your fashion sense." They both smirked, "next time, make your love confession more interesting." Hikaru tore up the letter into tiny pieces as they laughed and walked away leaving the girl heartbroken.

Present day:

"Aki!" The Idol turned around and gave the girls who called him out a warm smile and waved, "yo."

"Ah!!! So manly!"

"So handsome!"

"Kaoru!" Aki laughed and ran over to the twin as they talked and joked around some, Hikaru watching from the side.

Back to past:

Back then there were just two people we cared about, Aki, and a lady maid, whom we were very fond of.

Ten years earlier.

That was quite a while ago.

"Oh, my, how cute you look today! Just like little dolls." Hikaru and Kaoru were dressed in blue and pink, like little girls.

"The one with blue hair is Hikaru-kun, and pink, Kaoru-kun, right?"

"Wrong, auntie. The blue one is Kaoru, and the pink one is Hikaru."

"You always get it wrong. You must be dumb." The woman gave a small laugh, "I'm sorry. You two really do look exactly alike."